• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Red Dead Revolvo

dude you should chop 1 coil of those springs, THEN it would sit amazing. but it looks good! put a manual in it.

I'm actually quite pleased with the ride height. With 14s, it's barely high enough for the a jack to fit under the airdam. But I still have to do the jack dance. Plus it rides good, a bit rough for most passengers' tastes but good.

Oh and I do have a manual. My Bentley rides under my seat everyday. :-P

This summer has been so bad for me. Aside from life-based problems, there is the weather. It's either insanely hot or raining cats and dogs. So progress has been slow to say the least.

Maintenance wise: I forgot to mention in the last post that I replaced both fuel filters and a leaky fuel line from the intank pump to the main pump (yikes!) that happened to be the 244's weird running issues. Also the waterpump I have developed a leak from the top o-ring. So the car has been parked until I've found time to fix it.

I sorta promised myself to not add any moar accessories to the car until it was completely reliable. So I'm wanting to MS the B21, re-wire, and add a T-5. But we'll see how that goes...

An exception to my promise however is the flathood. I always wanted one painted chalkboard as inspired by boostdemon and edicius. So fellow TX Tbricker kyote sold me his. It was a short drive down to San Marcos and 80 clams later I have in my possession a rough looking flathood.

IMG_1998.jpg

Kyote and his bleeding buddy.

IMG_1997.jpg

Kyote's 242.

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

Sanded with 120, 220, and 400.

DSC00086.jpg

Two coats of primer.

DSC00083.jpg

The paint.

DSC00087.jpg

The painted. 2.5 cans of chalkboard paint.

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I painted a friend's hood with chalkboard paint when I was in Half Moon Bay in June. You should carry around a tub of chalk and leave it on the hood when you park your car in parking lots or on the street. People take the hint and draw all kinds of crazy **** on your hood.

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

My girlfriend drew this on the hood. I'm not sure what's going on. There's a moon and a dog.

Another change for the 244 was the addition of '86+ "skinny" bumpers. I've long been a fan of commandos but after the rubber started falling off of my front ones I decided it was time for a change. The front skinnies weighed 10lbs. lighter and the rears were 15lbs. lighter.

DSC00009.jpg

Old

DSC00084.jpg

New.

IMG_2126.jpg

Painted airdam with Krylon FUSION spray paint. Satin black. I just sanded it with 220 grit, then 400 grit, washed, masked, and sprayed 3-4 coats. Turned out nice, not perfect by any means but neither is the rest of the car.

I also got around to painting a pair of ScorpiusX wheels I bought from JohnMC. I didn't have enough paint for all four wheels so I'll have to spray the other 2 later. These will be taking the place of my daily driving wheels and I'll more than likely sell the Coronas and Voxxs.

Also, I thought I'd try on a set of Dale's 25mm wheel adapters. Perhaps in the future I might switch to a FWD factory wheel but for now I wanted to see how they would push the 14s out.

DSC00156.jpg

A message left by my brother. :roll:

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

Test fitting the spacers in the rear.

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

Test fitting the black ScorpiusX.

They don't look as great as the Coronas right now but I only have one side on. When I get a full set on I'll snap some hopefully more appealing photos.

Oh, and the first car wash in about a year.

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

I had some rear brake troubles:

DSC00288.jpg

New calipers, pads, rotors, hardware, and shims took care of everything.

Recent pics:

01110002.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

e-fan mounted:

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

Painted the other two Scorpius wheels and mounted tyres:

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

I'll more than likely give it a wash this weekend and snap some more pics. The 17" Voxx wheels are up for sale BTW.

Looks good bro!! Yeah Ive had a e fan laying around for several months and havent even put it on. I should since I just did the +t....but looks like your car is coming together nicely!!

Looks good bro!! Yeah Ive had a e fan laying around for several months and havent even put it on. I should since I just did the +t....but looks like your car is coming together nicely!!

Yeah, mounting and wiring is a cinch, especially with teh 940 relay. I've been waiting to install the low speed into a temp sensor so I only have the high speed wired to an in dash switch.

Chop-Chop:)
All zing no bling my kinda DD.:-D
Good stuff.:cool:
Put some sheet metal screws thru the grill to replace the tabs.:nod:

Thanks, I like by DDs with out bling as well. I think the Scorpius wheels fill finally make the car more humble looking, plus if I rash them, I won't worry.

About the grille, my chrome coffin hood grille cracked long ago so I chunked it. I'm fine rolling around grill-less, but if a flathood grille comes along, I'm gonna jump on it.

Your car looks nice man, but I'd get the hood properly painted though. That chalkboard paint reminds of the times when I was driving in my Nissan S13, and everyone who couldn't afford a decent paintjob, or couldn't afford carbon, went to black hoods.

Keep up the good work, looks very clean :)

Your car looks nice man, but I'd get the hood properly painted though. That chalkboard paint reminds of the times when I was driving in my Nissan S13, and everyone who couldn't afford a decent paintjob, or couldn't afford carbon, went to black hoods.

Keep up the good work, looks very clean :)

Thanks friend, I think your 244 is way cleaner.

About the hood, I'm one of those that can't afford a decent paintjob. I had it repainted back in 2003 and decided never again. If I had the flathood back then, I probably would have sprayed it too but for now (forever maybe) the black is good for me.

My old wheels!

yeah, when I pulled them off and put on the spacers for the FWD 17X7's, I tried them to see what they'd look like pushed out toward the fender lips. And they looked pretty good. Even better all sinister and dark!

My old wheels!

yeah, when I pulled them off and put on the spacers for the FWD 17X7's, I tried them to see what they'd look like pushed out toward the fender lips. And they looked pretty good. Even better all sinister and dark!

Yeah, I haven't actually run them with the spacers yet. They look like they might rub. But I intend to play around with it after getting some adj. torquerods. Thanks for the wheels BTW, I love them.

Your car is the shiz bro!

And I enjoyed reading about the car as well. :)

Thank you very much, my 240 is alright-nothing special. I'm looking foward to your 240 project completed though.

A) I really enjoyed seeing under the hood of a later K-jet car. I know that's weird, but it's fun to see all the differences.

B) I had decided against the e-fan conversion (I have a metal one actually) but after seeing that top-down shot with all that room, and how well you did it... I have to do it.

Back