• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.2 Tuning For Non-Volvo Installation / X1/9 Dallara + K24 Swap

installed:

X19_0313.jpg

X19_0383.jpg

Did you see that you can tune the lh 2.2 eZK also? Just have to cut the 40 pin dip chip out of the ezk and get some blank chips and a 40 pin dip programmer. I can d.

Is changing the rev limit self explanitory? I have put the 40 pin socket in a spare ECU - just waiting for the chips to arrive . The Fiat motor has a 7k-8k redline, so the stock rev limit is ridiculous :(

Last edited:
YOu can raise the rev limit in the ECU to 6.6k easily by changing the right two bits to FF which is 255 dec. The rev limiter in the EZK is not known by me where it is. If you could somehow lift the right pin on the 40 pin EZK cpu ram chip and disable the onboard ram and then wire in a 32 pin socket and use an external 27c256 chip for the program you could then use an ostrich and tunerpro and you could trace the program while running and find the rev limiter that way. Other option is learn 8 bit 8051 assembly language and decipher the code like the old Sumerian texts. Just no Vimanas or Annanuki clues involved.

Added a Volvo V70 NA 3" TB

X19_0365.jpg

X19_0357a.jpg

X19_0365c.jpg

Idle issues turned out to be caused by voltage drop at the ignition coil vBat feed.

YOu can raise the rev limit in the ECU to 6.6k easily by changing the right two bits to FF which is 255 dec. The rev limiter in the EZK is not known by me where it is. If you could somehow lift the right pin on the 40 pin EZK cpu ram chip and disable the onboard ram and then wire in a 32 pin socket and use an external 27c256 chip for the program you could then use an ostrich and tunerpro and you could trace the program while running and find the rev limiter that way. Other option is learn 8 bit 8051 assembly language and decipher the code like the old Sumerian texts. Just no Vimanas or Annanuki clues involved.

I can't figure out how to choose the Intel P8049 chip in MiniPro for burning - do you recall what parameters to choose for setting the device?

Last edited:
Parts gathering for LH2.4 conversion.

951 ECU (6842115)

X19_LH24_00073b.jpg

EZK boxes with chips - in all the boxes I looked at, it was only the older ones with phillips-head screws in the end cover that had the chip. All the torx-head screw versions had no chip.

146 ECU (3517402)

X19_LH24_00080c.jpg

60-2 pulse wheel - manual calls for 1mm +/-.5mm offset from wheel.

X19_LH24_00134.jpg

IMG_5904_zpsksklqk8h.jpg

IMG_5905_zps8jxtfnaa.jpg

Ostrich2.0

X19_LH24_00137.jpg

3547847 sensor & modified white block cps bracket - still have to make an adaptor plate to mount it to the motor.

X19_LH24_00138.jpg

Will need to do some wiring. Have to figure out how to deal with the speed signal. Need to get a late 240/740 instrument cluster & remove the circuit board that outputs the signal to pin 34

Last edited:
Made a bracket to locate the Crank Sensor

X19_LH24_00001w.jpg

Not sure how to proceed with alignment of the trigger wheel - Volvo uses the trailing edge of the long tooth, then counts 15 teeth to get to TDC. This wheel has a long cutout, so not sure where to consider the trailing edge.

Last edited:
Been wiring the LH2.4 harness for the X1/9

X19_LH24_00054d.jpg

Using the 760 relay 1362914

X19_LH24_00054b.jpg

Mostly ready to tie into the vehicle harness and then add the EZK116 conversion to the 117 setup I have in place

X19_LH24_00054a.jpg

Last edited:
Will be using this sender to provide the speed signal required for LH2.4.

191919149E sender 1J0973703 pigtail

X19LH24_00094.jpg

Will also be running the Fiat Punto electronic speedo to replace the old cable drive unit

X19LH24_00093c.jpg

X19LH24_00093d.jpg

X19LH24_00093e.jpg

Feeds into the LH harness, and to the "speed healer" required to condition the signal for the speedo head.

X19_LH24_00028.jpg

Last edited:
Did you see the thread where someone got a flwheel that was similar to your trigger wheel with a long hole instead of the long no holes and it would not work in his LH 2.4 car. It turned out to be a motronic flywheel I think. Anyway if you read that ignition system post you posted about it said one long tooth.. Not one long empty area. That trigger wheel you got might not work with LH 2.4. I'm not sure on where the rev limit is in the lh2.4 EZK bin, but I do have a Non turbo lh2.4 EZK bin that has no rev limit at all if you need it.

Did you see the thread where someone got a flwheel that was similar to your trigger wheel with a long hole instead of the long no holes and it would not work in his LH 2.4 car. It turned out to be a motronic flywheel I think. Anyway if you read that ignition system post you posted about it said one long tooth.. Not one long empty area. That trigger wheel you got might not work with LH 2.4. I'm not sure on where the rev limit is in the lh2.4 EZK bin, but I do have a Non turbo lh2.4 EZK bin that has no rev limit at all if you need it.

Thanks for the heads - up. I did read that thread. Didn't relate it to my setup, however your observation is correct, thank you. I will have to remove it & add a long tooth to replace the empty area.

If you have a bin for NA with no rev limit, that would definitely be helpful :) I'll pm you on that, thank you.

Thanks for the direct link.

Last edited:
A possible alternative for cobblers:

I was talking to Drew about the 1995 Neon he races. He switched to a PT Cruiser engine with big cams, and just installed bigger injectors with the stock Dodge computer. It tuned itself to idle and decent driveability after a few times around the neighborhood. In essence, he sized the injectors for WOT AFR, and let it get its head together with block learn.
I'm going to use the one I saved off a parts car for my Corolla, and see if that works. I have a set of 240 injectors and some 940 injectors, so I might as well start there.

Found a clutch plate from a AW55 that is the appropriate thickness :)

X19LH24_00001o.jpg

cut a piece down & braised it in place, using the inner circumference for alignment with the trough.

Just have to do the careful slot alignment on each side of the addition to match the 3? intervals

X19_LH24_00001t.jpg

213BBBA5-3504-4DA8-9CAC-32C8F4F06271_zpswvup1jvd.jpg

BDD57A86-E401-45A3-87BD-901CA595AAD4_zps36kq6s6o.jpg

harness just about ready to go in -

X19LH24_00054.jpg

Last edited:
i know this wasn't your question but have you considered megasquirt? all it needs for inputs are an o2 sensor, a vacuum port for the map sensor, air and coolant temp sensors, and a crank trigger. then you just wire it to the injectors. you can control ignition with it as well by adding a coil pack or just let the stock ignition take care of it. you really have found the right bunch of guys when it comes to making the bosch setup work but I like the feeling that all of my engine management sensors are fresh and i can tune it myself without too much hassle. the budget for the entire system on my car came to about $500.00. Not a small chunk of change but its really nice.

i know this wasn't your question but have you considered megasquirt? all it needs for inputs are an o2 sensor, a vacuum port for the map sensor, air and coolant temp sensors, and a crank trigger. then you just wire it to the injectors. you can control ignition with it as well by adding a coil pack or just let the stock ignition take care of it. you really have found the right bunch of guys when it comes to making the bosch setup work but I like the feeling that all of my engine management sensors are fresh and i can tune it myself without too much hassle. the budget for the entire system on my car came to about $500.00. Not a small chunk of change but its really nice.

I could have gone that route, as the car is old enough to qualify for only the NYS Annual Safety Inspection. MS conversion is documented on the Xweb X1/9 Forum.

Honestly, I'd rather stick with "factory' parts. I know the LH2.4 setup is tried & true. I only need to do minimal tuning for the 1600cc high compression motor I have, and the only cost to me with this setup is time - all the hardware I either had, or had access to at no monetary cost, so paying for an MS kit would be unneccesary addtional expense.

Filed the 3?, 1/8th slots to match the rest. Elongated the mount slots I had previously cut to compensate for the revised positioning on the crank pulley

X19_LH24_00001q.jpg

13294260-F46E-4DE3-ADE3-CFA2A19E139E_zps3gppu78m.jpg

Was like this, has to be rotated two teeth CW to realign with trailing edge of long tooth

69D2B0A6-A4C8-4E68-B4D8-96C2CE677386_zpsxphy4exm.jpg

Last edited:
Got the wheel trued, and readjusted to approx 1mm air gap.

Then I checked the 15 tooth count after the long tooth to verify TDC alignment - and realized I had set it based on the timing Mark (10BTDC) instead of the top TDC marker - so I have to extend the slots in the wheel to allow another 10dgree CW rotation of the trigger wheel

Got the trigger wheel reset today - tail edge of the 15th tooth after long tooth now aligns with TDC marker

37E80B33-398A-4D76-8B93-CCCED1B63AF3_zpskvzn8crf.jpg

1F07C355-2B99-4157-BAD6-FC5137929E7F_zpsx26lfc9h.jpg

Got the speed signal transmitter installed, used heat sheathing on the harness due to proximity to header & oil cooler. Routed harness around firewall & over to the passenger compartment access point I added in the spare wheel well.

X19_LH24_00090.jpg

X19_LH24_00094a.jpg

Removed speedo cable. Hopefully get going on the conversion after work tomorrow.

Last edited:
Got the LH2.2 harness out & have the 2.4 harness through the firewall. Have to do the tie in to EZK, and arrange the routing for the injectors, CIS, IAC, etc.

X19_LH24_00054g.jpg

X19_LH24_00054i.jpg

X19_LH24_00054k.jpg

Last edited:
Back