• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 High Speed Fan connector broken

Djw21a

Car?
1993 Volvo 940, Regina, AW71, E-Fan

Problem?
Is their a place that I can go online that'll allow me to buy connectors for my car? I was working on it one day and accidentally broke the brown connector on the front of the condenser I have yet to find a car that I can harvest a used one from. Also since this car uses that connector to determine when to turn on the "high speed" function to my radiator electrical fan so feel better if it were fixed.

There is no need to duplicate any particular broken connector. There are lots of high quality connectors you can install (WeatherTight, Deutsch) which are easily available. I don't get why this should be an issue. I tossed the fan relay years ago on my 940 and installed a dccontrol pwm fan controller. This works great and is fairly easy to install. Mine is mounted forward of the battery underneath the passenger side headlight. It uses the high speed fan wire (red). The dccontrol unit monitors the a/c clutch wire, but I haven't found it to be necessary except in hot climates.

Back