• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

oil temp sender inline with stock volvo oil cooler?

autoloclys

I just spent too much time at work sorting through fittings online and havnt found a real answer

Trying to see if its possible to run an oil temp sensor inline between the oil filter sandwich plate and a stock 240 oil cooler. Ideally this would be with a T fitting with BSP male and female fitting on the through ports and something to match a compatible temp sensor on the third port. so far I cant find this.

does it exist? is it a bad idea? should i just convert to AN hoses and make my life easier?

I know the usual way of doing this is to drill and tap a stock drain plug since the OEM drain temp senders are pretty hard to find. I was thinking that measuring before the cooler might be a good spot to read at, as its bound to be a pretty hot spot.

OP What problem are you solving by introducing another opportunity for failure into the oiling system?

Want to monitor oil temp? Install a bung in the side of the oil pan and thread a sensor into that.

Trying to install an oil temp gauge and the Senders are tricky to find. Redwood chair hooked me up but my original post was based on the idea that a gauge tee might exist that is an easy solve for where to put the sender.

hfO4dOdl.jpg

07DR86ml.jpg

8ZZyw7rl.jpg

:oogle:

Back