• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

122 interior

Keep the updates coming, that is absolutely gorgeous!

Yeah everything fits really well. I've had this stuff for over a year but just now getting to the interior reassembly stage of the restoration. Got the rear side panels done last night.

They require a really shallow 1/8" staple to hold the material to the board panel.
The top edge of both board panels were really wavy so I took some thing aluminum sheet, cut some long strips 1.5" wide, bent them in half, and slid them over the top edge to straighten it out. Made the finished product 100 times better

It unscrews counter clockwise if it's the lumbar knob.

Edit:

Is that for the lumbar support or for adjusting the angle of the seat back?

To remove the recline knob, drive out pin #47.

AmazonFrontSeat.jpg

Last edited:
I love the look of the original interior, and it bothers me when people update the seats or they get them redone in Velour or with different stitching patterns and stuff like that. On my car I was planning on doing a custom leather interior, while trying to keep it looking as original as possible.

But this thread has me seriously reconsidering that position.

I love the look of the original interior, and it bothers me when people update the seats or they get them redone in Velour or with different stitching patterns and stuff like that. On my car I was planning on doing a custom leather interior, while trying to keep it looking as original as possible.

But this thread has me seriously reconsidering that position.

Yeah I agree, I've never seen a custom Amazon interior I liked better than the original.

The door panels come as one piece ready to snap in, but the rear sides are just covers for your backer board?

That is correct, which could leave you sourcing some used rear panels to recover if the board panels are trashed. Mine were close but I used some thin aluminum to straighten the top edge and down where the seat belt roller mounts

It looks like they sell the panels separately also, I'm interested to see how it all comes together, particularly how those door panels fit. Do they include the rubber seal along the bottom too?

It looks like they sell the panels separately also, I'm interested to see how it all comes together, particularly how those door panels fit. Do they include the rubber seal along the bottom too?

Yeah they have the rubber seal on the bottom

Man, these are sick. I got all my engine rebuild parts from VP. Good people. Ive been holding off on placing an interior order( all i need is headlining and door panels, same color as yours) but i think im ready to pull the trigger, just from seeing these photos.

Also the website is kinda vague on what you are getting but this stuff comes with necessary hog rings, cloth covers for the foam sections, and extra material to cover the lower sides of the front seat frames.
You will need a neumatic stapler with 1/8", 1/4", and 3/8" depth staples

Man, these are sick. I got all my engine rebuild parts from VP. Good people. Ive been holding off on placing an interior order( all i need is headlining and door panels, same color as yours) but i think im ready to pull the trigger, just from seeing these photos.

Don't be surprised if your 50 year old upholstery is a bit faded next to this new stuff :lol:
I was gonna leave my back seat alone because it wasn't that bad off until I realized how faded it was next to this new upholstery

Back