• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Going +T Best cam?

I'm running a B cam in my +t. It's pretty fun. I heard the A cam is better for a +t but I have no experience with it

You're just going to get a dozen replies with "I have this cam and I like it" type of crap.

It depends SO MUCH on the setup you end up with, and the performance you're after PLUS the style of driving.

Start with that cam and see what you like don't like based on it's lifting duration specs and mess with it from there.

You're just going to get a dozen replies with "I have this cam and I like it" type of crap.

It depends SO MUCH on the setup you end up with, and the performance you're after PLUS the style of driving.

Start with that cam and see what you like don't like based on it's lifting duration specs and mess with it from there.

lol you predicted my post before even seeing it

Best thing to do is look for dyno plots, and/or extrapolate from those data.

"The best" is subjective. For a DD, you'll want a different set up than a race car. Then there's "the best" for the budget. Then there's the shades of grey from adjustable timing gears. A degree or two can really change the equation.

-Ryan

What turbo, what supporting mods, what transmission.

A small turbo, small injectors, and an automatic trans all predispose you from making good power at higher RPM's, so a cam that kicks in at high RPM's won't be a good choice. You want a tractor cam with low end instaspooley grunt.

Bigger turbo, bigger injectors, and a manual trans and you could actually make use of higher RPM's, so you might want a zoomier cam.

Or combinations of those things. Plus the exhaust you have. And personal preference.

I put some 'race' cams on my 16V turbo once, and they sucked. No low end grunt at all, they'd scream at higher RPM's, but it was all or nothing. low RPM, not spooled, get out and push. Then as the rpms climbed, it spooled and hang on. Not much in between weak and screaming. I went back to stock 16V cams and was a lot happier.

A 'T' cam from the TB wanted forum will be your cheapest option, or pony up for the IPD turbo cam if you're feeling flush.

If you already have a VX, a 'T' is no fun.

Unless someone wants to believe that a 'T' cam is a step in the right direction. At which point, I'll gladly trade my old 'T' cam for a VX to put in the new 245.

I'm running an 'A' in the 945, advanced 4 degrees, with a bit more boost. Very nice. You loose a little top end with the advance, but all the off the line torque is there, which is what I wanted with a DD in a small town.

-Ryan

An A or B advanced 6 degrees with a five speed and it'll be fun. For a bit more fun get the IPD turbo cam. It's basically the same as the enem V15 which is a first stage street performance cam. Wide power and torque band.

Don't forget to get chips from sbabbs for an engine tune that supports your mods.

VX works fine. If its not enough then aftermarket is your only option or if its too much for you and a adjustable wheel does not get you where you want it drop back to a A cam

Back