• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What differences between 240 turbo and non turbo ?

Mick13

I've bought a 1983 Turbo 240 ... a kind of basket case ! (Engine had been dismantled in area around 2000 I presume. Head seems Ok. but block have to be overboard due to rust.
I think crank had also to have some work, K-Jet also etc etc

I've got also a 1992 240 B19E as part donor (steering wheel at the wrong side etc ;-)

So I ask myself what can I mix ? And what are specific of turbo models ?
I've seen some differences on k-jet, body rain gutters etc
Ok for leather seats but the rest ?

The whole kjet systemwill have to be gone through which won't be cheap. If you like the car, consider going with a fuel injection setup.

maybe easier to tune also. Emissions in France are not the problem as they were at the rate of your car production year ratio

Toss the B200E aside for a bit and find yourself a cheap 1990+ 740 Turbo. Harvest the engine, intercooler ancillaries, and LH 2.4 fuel and ignition computers. Then find a 1990+ 240 with a B230F and get the fuel injection and ignition harness plus distributor. Take out distributor from B230FT, slap in intermediate shaft from the B200E in it, drop it in your 240 Turbo. Sort out the few remaining bits (high pressure line from fuel filter to fuel rail, body harness connection, exhaust). Should be pretty straightforward. Lots of documentation on that setup here, though I am having trouble finding the write-up.

Toss the B200E aside for a bit and find yourself a cheap 1990+ 740 Turbo. Harvest the engine, intercooler ancillaries, and LH 2.4 fuel and ignition computers. Then find a 1990+ 240 with a B230F and get the fuel injection and ignition harness plus distributor. Take out distributor from B230FT, slap in intermediate shaft from the B200E in it, drop it in your 240 Turbo. Sort out the few remaining bits (high pressure line from fuel filter to fuel rail, body harness connection, exhaust). Should be pretty straightforward. Lots of documentation on that setup here, though I am having trouble finding the write-up.

Hum ... I need to do one car ! I haven't enough space for a 90+ 740 and 90+ 240 !!!
But the idea is nice

^^^ What he means is to buy a parts car to harvest all the necessary parts and then sell/give to a junkyard. There must be people who buy scrap cars.

Back