• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Upgrade my 13c

Rhys340

I have a td04h-13c, I have been told I can upgrade to a 15g

Would a 15g bolt upto my td04h-13c hotside then custom make a bracket for my actuator

Do I need a complete 15g? clock and custom bracket and mod down pipe ?

I dont want to t3/t4 either!

Need a complete 15G. The 15G/16T is a TD04HL, the 13C is a TD04H - they're not compatible. The hotside of an HL is larger.

There is a conical flange version of the 15G that wouldn't require a new DP, but that also doesn't improve things quite as much. Clocking is trivially easy. A bracket is fairly easy to create, you'd need that regardless.

Need a complete 15G. The 15G/16T is a TD04HL, the 13C is a TD04H - they're not compatible. The hotside of an HL is larger.

There is a conical flange version of the 15G that wouldn't require a new DP, but that also doesn't improve things quite as much. Clocking is trivially easy. A bracket is fairly easy to create, you'd need that regardless.

All good info, and worth mentioning in addition that at this point (age, mileage etc.) consider buying professionally rebuilt, or rebuild the turbo yourself if you're into that sort of thing.

Just to close things out for the future, are there any turbo cartridges that would fit the 13c exhaust housing? (besides the 13c obviously). Makes for an easy turbo change not having to undo the exhaust downpipe and exhaust housing

I've built a 19t from a 15g core.... details in my build thread on my 9 series. You can see how I fab'd a WG bracket from the one supplied with the KINUGAWA wastegate actuator, and a 90's A/C mount used on the late cylindrical compressors. Right now, the bracket is out for electroless nickel plating...... and I wouldn't call the fabrication "trivial" as JohnMc states. It is doable with hand drill, metabo cutoff wheels and a welder.

I have a td04h-13c, I have been told I can upgrade to a 15g

Would a 15g bolt upto my td04h-13c hotside then custom make a bracket for my actuator

Here is an easy way to do it. It's going to be considered sacrilege but I'm pretty good at not caring about that.

Anyway, the shaft sizes of those two turbos are the same! That's a key thing!!!! As a result, you can take the entire shaft and 13c turbine impeller and use it in the 15g CHRA.

Now you're not going to make killer top end power, but you're not going to with a TD04HL hot side either! :nod:

But what you will gain is amazing bottom end and roll on performance. Set it at 1 bar and be happy. PM me if you have a question.

Back