• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

wiring harness question

adamdrives

Hey Folks, looking to b21ft swap (83 245 donor car) my 242 and having a hard time making sure I am ordering the correct replacement engine wiring harness. DB's website lists a harness for 81-85 240 turbos, and says that the part number on the coolant temp sender wire should be 3515393 or 1348155, or chassis number 368310-434469. My harness has part number 1323994-1 and my chassis number is 496933. So, I figured it was the wrong harness. Then, looking at the euro harness site linked on the page, it lists 1323994-1 as an older part number. DBs site doesn't mention that, but it also says that the harness fits all 240 turbos made in USA with engine code 47 in the VIN, which mine does. So, before I order, and wait a month for it to come, can anyone confirm that the 3515393 harness is the correct one?

Last edited:
Can you give a bit more clarification on what all you are going to swap over? Are you going to swap over the lambda system? Are you going to swap over the constant idle system? If so then you need the harness for a US model turbo 240. The Euro and rest of world cars use kjet basic and the US doesn't.

I'm pretty sure you would use the newer number that begins with a 3 as the harness was updated so the wiring doesn't rot away as fast as the original ones.

Ok, seemed like it had to be the right one but the lack of the part number made me want to double check.

Noticing now the 83 has an additional 8 pole terminal connector on the right side firewall that my 78 does not. Not sure what that all leads to, or what I'll have to modify in my 78 dash to accommodate that wiring. Will find a diagram when it's slow at work.

The Volvo gods smiled on me today. I told my boss that I was able to find and order a new replacement harness for my 240. He said why didn't you tell me you were looking for one, I think we it. :omg: Checked the part number, went to the shelf, sure enough it was in a bag on the top shelf caked in dust. Genuine NOS updated harness. He told me just to take it, it's been sitting for years. :-D Got it in today and the car doesn't want to start and runs even worse, so time to buckle down and do some k-jet diagnosis. Does anyone have the sensor specs for the thermo-time?

Back