• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

anyone try or hear of a 242 with a S60R motor?

iRoll242

Hello all,

I have an 1982 242 with the b21ft currently.

I have been dreaming of putting a B5254T4 motor out of a 2004-2007 S60R into my turbobrick.

I would prefer to run a programmable standalone ECU, keep my 242 RWD, and find a manual 5 or 6 speed without the electronic 5th gear. Other than that I'm pretty flexible. :)

HAS ANYONE HEARD/SEEN THIS DONE BEFORE? maybe someone has a link to a thread of someone attempting to do something similar?

My main concern is converting the B5254T4 to RWD seeing it is an AWD set up from the factory.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I don't know how many actually use the R engine but T5 swap into 240 is very common. The engine in the R is just a derivative of the old T5 engine from the early '90s and they share the same basic block and head. You will need to find an oil pan with a rear sump from a '90s Volvo 960 with the inline 6 and shorten that by a cylinders worth. The gearbox mostly used is called the M90 and was also available in the 960, just not in North America. It is a Getrag designed true manual five-speed for longitudal application and bolts right onto the T5 engine.

I don't know how many actually use the R engine but T5 swap into 240 is very common. The engine in the R is just a derivative of the old T5 engine from the early '90s and they share the same basic block and head. You will need to find an oil pan with a rear sump from a '90s Volvo 960 with the inline 6 and shorten that by a cylinders worth. The gearbox mostly used is called the M90 and was also available in the 960, just not in North America. It is a Getrag designed true manual five-speed for longitudal application and bolts right onto the T5 engine.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=318037

^ I guess this thread wasn't good enough for you to post in? hahaha j/k

Back