• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's orphan 220 amazon wagon

Car is awesome. Needs a proper gas cap so it doesn't spew fumes & liquid all over the place.

The steel bar that you can feel pressing perpendicular into your spine on the passenger seat could be a safety hazard in an impact but the whole car would probably be as well.

I was surprised that the ITB's dont make more noise.

Yeah I really need to find a wagon fuel cap, I'll work on that. I keep threatening to change that seat on my Mrs. since she's the one that rides in it, but that was the chief reason I changed it out on my side. The seat back structure is that bar and some rubber bands lol.

It honestly wouldn't be that invasive if I did it right. The car has that whole spare tire well under it, plenty of room for activities.

What if I did a small turbo on this car? Like a stock C30 turbo.

Would be a great match for a very responsive 230-250 whp/tq across a wide powerband. Have you measured to see if the integral manifold/hotside would fit in your bay?

He meant to say:
Yes.
Please yes.

Turbos are fun. What's the downside?
- exhaust won't sound as snorty - but it's already a bit softer sounding because of the multi-valves
- boost lag
- rear suspension will tear loose

Upside:
- spooly turbo sounds, BOV sounds
- boost hits and car *really* scoots
- welders exist to fix that sort of thing

Mostly because I think this thing has an NA motor, which I suspect won't like too much boost?
I don't know.
I really like the NA/ITB/racecar system this thing has going for it.

It'll be excellent either way.

I completely get wanting the power the turbo has.... but I think I'd just leave this alone. It's so fantastic as it is.

Completely agree, at the end of the day it's your car, as far as opinions wanted...this thing is so bad ass as-is. Get the 242 back up and make it the fast/turbo-spoolin' car.

This video is complete money!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4RucKuNWeZs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If not turbo, at least some revs

I'd really like to rev it higher but I need to investigate there. The damn thing just doesn't want to rev past 6k. On the Dyno the power just dies, timing be damned. That and that ****ty t5 shake rattles the hell out of the shifter right around there.

Back