• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Daughter's new ride

Good thinking. Good time to teach her to take care of her own car. Make sure you show her how to check oil. Too many women don't even know cars take oil. Just found out my mother in law didn't change her oil for 12,000 miles. WTF. Now that car isn't worth sh!t.

Cleaned up pretty nicely, eh?
5897b04a.jpg

616654db.jpg

Not quite done waxing it yet.
9d5ffa0c.jpg

Wow, it must be a 900 thing 'cause I detailed the 945 from hell last spring. Thing looked quite similar to the above, 'cept with stickers everywhere. All I could imagine was a wagon full of poorly behaved children on their way home from a b'day party...

Either way, it is a horrible experience cleaning up others' filth. Great job, really thorough A+

edit holy shiz dolla dolla bill y'all. I'm sure someone knew about that benjamin...

Last edited:
Haha I found $385 usd wadded in $20s & $50s under the back seat of my wagon. You know... Flip the seat bottom forward, and then flip up the little foam piece that's there for no apparent reason? Yeah under there.
Canadian Customs set their dog on the car a few weeks prior when I'd imported it into Canada so I dunno, no illegal substances but... Shaaaaaaady.

Your rebate is a much higher ratio than mine though.

Frankly I don't think you could pay me enough to deal with that. I'd have just febreeze it and put the seat back in and pretended I know nothing. :lol:

Looks great Chris, where did you guys go to find that around here? I might want to take a look to find my next Volvo....

Posted a CL wanted ad. Got an email from the nice lady at a Credit Union in Rome. Haggled. Retrieved. Fixed. Cleaned.
I just looove when someone tells me that the tranny is bad on a Volvo. Haven't had it be anything other than low fluid yet, and even if it was bad, they are cheap and fairly easy to replace.

Amar:
cybersexcybersexmotivationalposterp.jpg

See also:
EroSennin.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the weekend playing with the car.

Couldn't get the code to the factory radio (thanks for trying DustyLBottoms!) so I gutted it to make a harness. Swiped the Old School Blaupunkt CD player out of the silver 745 - perfect for my daughter, even has a headphone jack input for her iPhone/Zune. Best part is it cost her $free-fitty.
Swiped the black door panels and Infinity speakers from the silver car too. Car now has a tasteful grey/black theme on the interior.

Ran RCA and power wires to the trunk. Have to build some 6x9 adapters from MDF to fit the Coustic Bass Pumps in the trunk.
Top left/right of pic:
101_0148.jpg

Figure out where to put the old Coustic amp as well.

Oh yeah, been driving it to work and back - mixed city/hwy - 26MPG! :omg:
Perfect college car.

Last edited:
Back