• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"no start on drive" switch issue

apollo's 940

240 1991 stock

car wont start due to the safety thingy majingy sensor on the transmission lever., even when in park or neutral

I replaced it with a spare. same thing, no start even when on neutral or park.

not even a click

anything else I should check underneath that area?

what is the most common problem if this is the suspected problem ? I know the issue is in this area because it was running fine. after usual parking, it wont start. I wiggled that area then it started . this has happened more than once already.

any advice?

thanks in advance,
andrew

There is an adjustment for the neutral safety switch. The mounting fasternes should be slotted so you can move it if needed. Try slighty adjusting it's position on the shifter till you get it lined up correctly. You also want to make sure it's lined up correctly so the reverse lights work when in R.

Access the wiring and bypass it for testing. Look at a wiring diagram. Or post one and I can tell you which wires.

Last edited:
My coworker just diagnosed a driveability issue that he tracked down to excessive resistance in a ground circuit in the front view camera. The car had lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control so the camera was tied into the ECU.

That's the kind of electrical work I'm faced with. Bypassing a neutral switch is easy. Clue: pink wire.

Search.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showt... recommend a wiring diagram and a test light.

Last edited:
There is a connector in the dash that the wires for the neutral saftety switch run to. I think it's a blue housing on it. Follow the wiring to it and pull it apart and make a jumper. That will bypass the neutral saftety switch for testing. Testing only. Don't operate the car that way.
I still recommend you try adjusting the switch. It's very common to need some adjustment before it works properly.

Back