• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

One more whit 945 T5

This is how the plumbing turned out after I sorted the oil return and wastegate arm.

Worked on the interior today and i was amazed to find nearly every nut and bolt.

This is what the garage looks like right now, a 1967 142 that did the Tulip rally last year and then there?s the latest 1974 142 that is being re-built for long distance rallys running a 4.88 lsd ,close ratio M40 and a stroked B20 with 45 Webers @ 178hp.
Then there is my 945 to the right.

What do you guy?s think about this...:)

speedhunters-volvo-940-need-for-speed-tribute-yasid-oozeear.jpg

Khyzyl Saleem does awesome work!!!! First time I've seen this one.
He makes me want to keep my E46! :lol:

Hmmmm...... maybe I should put wheel flares on my 745.

No worry?s, I was pretty sure it was Khyzyl Saleem too....the saying -how does it feel to want- , comes to mind.
My dog and the dvla would be more than slightly annoyed about the rear doors tho and the "sleeper" angle would have left the building but some days the want feeling is stronger than the sleeper feeling :)

Our cars are twins :) 945 T5
DSC_0170_1920_zpsalwzh4bo.jpg

Well... they used to be. I sold my t5 swap and currently doing a T6 instead :)

Thats a clean twin you have there.:)
I saw that your using a mk1 IRS, was that bolt on or was it tones of work?

I have seen a car i town that ran a modified MK1 using BMW diff house and axels, he said it was not that hard to do.
But you know how that works, some people just have the talent and some (read me) want to throw a match in the petrol tank every other weak.:O

Thats a clean twin you have there.:)
I saw that your using a mk1 IRS, was that bolt on or was it tones of work?

I have seen a car i town that ran a modified MK1 using BMW diff house and axels, he said it was not that hard to do.
But you know how that works, some people just have the talent and some (read me) want to throw a match in the petrol tank every other weak.:O

Easy.
Step 1: cut panhard mounting bracket
Step 2: weld in front IRS brackets (1 mounting hole is present for fixing it in position, so alignment wont be off)
Step 3: drill a hole in the rail for the IRS rear mounting screws.
That is it. A lot more weight in the back (mk2 irs is lighter), but in my opinion it balanced the car well.

Edit: you also need the IRS fuel tank. And brake hard lines.

Interested in that BMW diff swap... I want to do the same. Found a guy on garaget (IIRC) who did an old BMW 750 diff swap. But his notes were not too clear for me...

Right on!!!! I grew up skating vert so it was definitely a passion for me! :)

I still ride bowls and large mini?s but vert is just to hardcore, you must have big balls :) I also ride speedboards and classic luges and did rather well competing around the world

there is a clip of my racing in America on loops road in Maryhill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8snkc0eGZ0

Black leathers, black helmet with big white sticker on the back...enjoy:)

One more white 945 T5

So after more than a few weeks waiting for a friend to help me weld the downpipe we finally got started. Clearance is an issue so it took some time to shorten to 90 degree bend after the turbo.

Down pipe done ...well now we just need to weld the original cat that is bigger than your average mid sized dog.
After tec/mot it will get a normal 200cell cat

Hooked up the bost control valve to the ecu today and re wired the electrics to the dash and so on ...tomorrow it?s more electrics, obdII and the evap valve.

Last edited:
Gave up on the old wastgate solution as it needed to be modified again (the wastegate did not close )
Here?s the new solution from MK Motorsport.

Last edited:
Update time!

Got the wastegate adapter on the turbo and fitted the wastgate ...sweet ...I wish I had done this from the start.

Welded the lamda holder in place on the downpipe, I used the rear lamda holder from the 850 cat as it?s placed at an angle. It turned out to be a easy fit and it made the lamda stand up straight.

Fitted the return fuel line using AN6 tubing as I had some left over and because it just looks good.

I also test fitted the electrics box that will hold the ecu/fuse and relays.

Finished wiring the dash side of things so it was time to put everything back together.

starting to look ok on this side of the engine compartment.

more done ...all vacuum lines to the turbo done, instrument cluster done, new R-sport steering wheel on, stereo in, sorry no pic?s did?t have time ...more to come :)

Last edited:
A few pics

The R-sport steering wheel

20170224_154535.jpg

Turbo control valve, moved as advised by the wiser TB?s closer to the turbo.

20170302_212040.jpg

Played around a little and put a cut out switch for the brake light?s and moved the "horn" to a switch too ( going to install a snap off steering wheel)

20170302_212401.jpg

This is the evap canister it will only stay for the MOT/Technical inspection.

20170302_205338.jpg

Pulled all the vacuum hoses to the cruise control and all the wiring too, tomorrow it?s temp sensors and that should be it ....we?ll see :)

Temp gauge works ..had to guess what went were as the wires from the instrument cluster went to the ecu and not to the engine temp sensor (7/16)

20170304_195103.jpg

The electrics are done now.

20170304_180818.jpg

Back