• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

89 Volvo LM7 engine swap Drift Project

It is kind of a strange idea. SR20s are popular because the balance a near perfect weight ratio for drifting in S13s and S14s. They aren't necessarily a holy drift motor. I think it would of been easier to do a boosted b230/4 or a T6/B6304... but thats just me.

HOWEVER

Props for tryin something different. Hope all goes well man! Lets see that beast sideways when you're done!

well having the alloy block that the sr has it weighs out the 240 to 50/50
also a 240 only weighs a tiny bit more the a r32 4 door and there and many proven r32 4 door powered by sr20s in japan.. i looked into this quite a lot before i did mine

Nice swap man, I like to see people do what they want to- to "THEIR-OWN-CAR" nice work. I had people throwing stones @ me for doing the 1JZ swap but I like the engine, I know the engine and know what upgrades the engine responds well too. Again nice swap.

Mike

I was originally thinking rd20, but the an sr came up for sale in my area(and cheap). I have no problem with the b230, but the tranny was what made an sr alot better, cause I was able to do the sr swap for cheaper then +ting the b230 and a t5 swap. Only took me 2 months and the only thing I didn't do myself was the driveshaft. I know tons of people in my area who have nissans, my friend had a 240sx parts car and a skyline parts car and know another guy with a ton of jdm and canadian 240sx parts cars so gathering parts was nothing but sunshine and lollypops.

Didn't mean to copy you streetkarnage, but thats just kinda how it worked out. I would have gone with a 240sx or a rx7 or something sporty, but I already had a volvo so, ya know:rofl:

So far I have a 3inch downpipe, with full 3inch side exit and a straight through glasspack(?) , gunna finish up tonight, not sure how loud its gunna be, eventually want it to be quiet.

Car is gunna be mostly a midnight street car until it gets a VI(knock on wood), even then, a VI soundn't be hard to pass.

test drive uncovered a slipping clutch, ended up pulling the tranny and the clutch is definatly POOCHED, so hopefully get one of friend and turn the flywheel tomorrow and get it back together soon.

nice yea i think im going to just run the same as that.. how load is it with the side pipe...?

bad luck dude the same thing happened to me when i put the sr in..

keep us updated...!!

Took the car on a club cruise, ran great for the whole thing, kinda threw it together suspension wise, under acceleration, people said it looks like it does wheelies. Car is parked for a little bit till I can pay some bills and order coilover sleeves and shocks, things gunna be slammed :).

n619590026_2800950_7720928.jpg

n619590026_2741050_967673.jpg

n619590026_2741049_935928.jpg

n619590026_2741048_7785072.jpg

not bad! Tons of engine space for a proper header/turbo and it looks like you need suspension upgrades first!

Back