• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1973 1800ES project

Highway 1, I think

Yep, I'd say about 20 miles or so past Davenport?

Also about the CF part, I'm just thinking about having it as the dash inlay. I might do aluminum. I don't know. I'm not too concerned at this point, especially with keeping everything on the car 100% classic. The interior should be a good mix of old/new [still going with wrapping the upper and lower dash pieces in ultrasuede, also going to recover some Recaro's in ultrasuede with royal stewart plaid inserts [headliner will be done in royal stewart as well].

Also as far as paint goes I'm up in the air. I was thinking navy blue, british racing green or john deere blitz black.

She's on jackstands with nearly everything that was fastened/attached to the interior/engine bay sitting in my basement. Suspension is going off next.

Pictoral update coming soon. Especially when good ole' Kenny aka Redwood Chair comes and yanks his B20 :nod:

Last edited:
^ That is true, except you didnt really beg me to keep it in there because you wanted it haha

Not much progress, the big progress will be getting it out of the driveway and into the garage up top so I can work on it there instead of having it outside, will be much better.

Not much progress, the big progress will be getting it out of the driveway and into the garage up top so I can work on it there instead of having it outside, will be much better.
Yeah, your driveway is pretty crazy. You drop a socket at the top of it and you will have to walk a quarter mile to fetch it... uphill... both ways...

Hell, I'd probably call AAA to come move it :-P

^ That is true, except you didnt really beg me to keep it in there because you wanted it haha

Don't get me wrong.
I'm still first in line for a freshly rebuilt B20 should you decide to abandon it.
I hope.;-)
Good luck on the build.
LMK if you need a hand with the bodywork I have some fancy materials on loan for a while.

I may have solved your tailgate woes. X-Ray Auto in Seattle has the sheet metal for the rear of the car (from above the glass to the bottom seam, to each tail light. Essentially it's a used weld-in panel. I would have gotten it, but they want $1000 for it. I thought I'd be better at trying to fab sections from a rusted rear end section I got with my ES (and it worked).

Here's their contact info:

2639 NW Market St
Seattle, WA 98107
Neighborhood: Ballard
(206) 789-5455

I've been to their shop. I was droolin' all over the place with the cars they were workin' on and the spare parts they had. They are great people to work with as well.

So this is back rolling again sorta.

Last week I picked up a 87' 744ti from RyanHackett. It was free, but it was missing a few things [turbo/ic/piping] and the engine apparently had a dead hole [which I might investigate] on a non-skinny rod block. I paid Henry [urbanwheeler] pretty much in whatever he wanted off the car [aside from a couple things] in exchange for making it a shell [for a V8 lemons car]

Mostly picked it up to grab the harness/ECU's/etc to go along with the 94' b230ft I never was able to sell to swap in the ES. Mount solution/b20 oil pan/etc is already figured out, but next is the trans. Other than that, bodywork is the main focus.

[also I don't know if I'd want that much heat that close the upper-A arm bushings, speaking of those I also want to lower the mounting points for more camber].

Just lowering the suspension to where it belongs, the upper control arms will be too short and give you massive negitive camber. Lowering the upper control arm inner pivots will only make it worse. Somebody should make longer tubular upper control arms.:oogle:

You mean you're not going to restore it to stock and give it your mom, like a good son?

I gave her two options

1) Totally stock. Less power, less overall fun, less reliability, more desirable when completed due to being stock but would end up costing more.

2) Have a beautiful rare cool car that hauls ass in a reliable manner and spend 1/2 to 2/3 as much doing it

She was cool with option two.

Updates

the good news-

*the rust was hardly a big deal on it [mostly surface, and fixed now], body is almost a shell and ready for paint [still need to find a trick to get the inner door handles off so I can get the door panels off, also need to remove the rear side glass]. Numerous other dents are gone.

*B23FT I picked up is opened up getting all new seals/gaskets, everything inside looks good. Also scored a 90+ and a 16t.

*Got the T5 for it, just gotta get some money together to send to Dale for the adapter. Also need to get a B20 bellhousing back from Redwood Chair.

*Got seats from a 02' MBZ SL500, not crazy racing seats but comfortable, supportive, powered and heated.

*Got nice 15'' mesh Enkei's to put on it, currently in the middle of polishing the lips [centers will be black]

the bad news

*I don't have a way to upload pics to show said progress

*I gotta put the car on the shelf for a month or two and finish other projects

*The a-hole I share my shop with stacked a ton of stuff on top of the pile of trim I removed from the car, bending some of them. I'd like to kill him but I need someone to pay the other half of rent on the shop I guess....

Back