• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 T5 Transmission Swap

Where are you located? I have the complete setup here if you want to see (or buy) it all.

But yes, 850 fly. Mustang small disk. Mustang T5. Converted to GM input shaft for GM hydro TO bearing.

Info Dump:

The end of the crank is different. You will not be able to use the pilot bearing that the early 850 engines, and alex butchka specifies in one of the threads. I used an oilite bushing I found at Advance Auto Parts, they had it on the shelf. The part # is: Dorman brand, #14647. It's a little long, but I didn't bother cutting it down. NOTE only the the OD is correct! It will press clean into the crank, mine was a .002" press I believe. BUT the ID is too small! You will have to take this to a machine shop and get it reamed out.

Here's a nugget for all interested parties:

Today I picked up a pilot bearing that will work with a T5 tranny on a whiteblock. The bearing requires a 17mm ID for the T5 input shaft, 35mm OD and 10mm width to fit in the whiteblock crank. A local industrial supply shop deals in NTN brand stuff and they happened to have the exact size I needed for $17 or so.

The bearing is NTN part number 6003LLBC3/1K, here's the white paper for it:

http://www.ntnamerica.com/datasheet....CATEGORY=RBSRD

It was a very snug fit in the crank just as it should be and the stock retainer circlip fit perfectly.

I can confirm that NTN bearing fits great.

Some info on clutch disc. I bought the centerforce 281228. Got an Exedy disc in Centerforce box. I would have be pissed if I paid more than the 55 bucks I gave for it. Exedy part number is FMD002U. Fits great. I also scored an OEM Sachs 850 pressure plate only as a NOS part on ebay. Part number 3082-226-031. Doubt you'll find another one I bought the last one from the guy.

I can confirm that NTN bearing fits great.

Some info on clutch disc. I bought the centerforce 281228. Got an Exedy disc in Centerforce box. I would have be pissed if I paid more than the 55 bucks I gave for it. Exedy part number is FMD002U. Fits great. I also scored an OEM Sachs 850 pressure plate only as a NOS part on ebay. Part number 3082-226-031. Doubt you'll find another one I bought the last one from the guy.

Awesome TY!

And agree 100% on the second paragraph. Still not sure why Exedy in a Centerforce box...

Is your Centerforce also an Exedy? It's likely an obscure/small market for the disc that Centerforce just obtains the disc from Exedy in bulk and repackages it. The price seems to fluctuate on Amazon wildy. I checked yesterday and it was at 21.54 prime shipped. Buy buy buy if you are in the market.

Is your Centerforce also an Exedy? It's likely an obscure/small market for the disc that Centerforce just obtains the disc from Exedy in bulk and repackages it. The price seems to fluctuate on Amazon wildy. I checked yesterday and it was at 21.54 prime shipped. Buy buy buy if you are in the market.

Yes, Centerforce box with Exedy disk inside. I def paid more than $21! So I agree, BUY it if you need it on Amazon.

IIRC the application was for the 80's Ford Mustang SVO 4 cylinder Turbo.

I missed the initial question. With a Ford T5 the shifter is going to be 4-1/4 inches too far forward. I made a dodgy shifter extension to put the shifter in the correct location. If I were you, I'd get the CD009 conversion kit. More expensive but a much more comprehensive kit. The T5 adapter is just that. You gotta fabricobble trans mount and clutch actuation yourself.

this is for the Whiteblock swap which should push the shifter farther back into the hole... But IDK how centered it will be either +/-.

yea I have a B6304S sitting in my 740 with a T5 hooked up. 4-1/4 inch back was my magic number for getting the shifter in the factory location. Still messing with the custom shifter I made but I can grab all the gears. CD009 would have been easier too because you would just have to shorten the factory shifter.

Back