• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Windshield washers. Put a wire in the nozzles, but nary a dribble with the old pumps. Installed the IPD pumps and things improved only slightly. Drilled out the nozzles with my smallest bit (yeah, I know) and the stream only goes 6-12". SwiftJustice to set me up with a clean used set.

Strut mounts. Saved up a bit for those sweet basic mounts from Ben only to realize that, with the good bearings and drilling them for my big springs, they were out of reach. Harold set me up with a clean used set of OE mounts and I just ordered the 15A plates OldSchool recommended.

Trans output seal. Ran down to the Volvo dealer today. All the microfiche (?) showed was a complete gasket set for $75. HiperFauto came to my rescue with a part number that IPD has for cheap. So I bought a fancy shift boot from him. Love that guy.

Driver's seat back cushion. On going.

Rear lower control arm bushings. Planned to grab OE bushings at the dealer today but they were too much. Will grab some from IPD. May swap the poly torque rod bushings for rubber at some point. They're a little noisy in the wagon. Other that a small leak at the rack pressure line banjo and an alignment, my steering and suspension should be approaching perfection. LOL.

Put in as set of diesel motor mounts because, well, I'm not sure actually. Even grabbed the little "bell" from my B21FT for the oil filter side. I know what I have.

Can't recall the last time I drove this thing.

32C2EBC4-3255-4AC8-BAB8-8BD364FBFFCB-M.jpg

Are your sprayers working properly again? If not, check your hoses; could be a pinch or split. Your seat back is a simple fix. If you've got an old pair of jeans you don't care about, will do well to repair the foam and reinforce where it contacts the frame so it doesn't push through anymore.

Your seat back is a simple fix. If you've got an old pair of jeans you don't care about, will do well to repair the foam and reinforce where it contacts the frame so it doesn't push through anymore.

+1 or buy a cheap canvas drop cloth from Harbor Freight to cut up for seat reinforcement duty. Worked well for me.
https://www.harborfreight.com/4-ft-x-12-ft-canvas-dropcloth-38108.html

Ref seat teardown:
http://cleanflametrap.com/tony/seat_back.htm
http://cleanflametrap.com/tony/seat_bottom.htm

Nice find! I wee soak in Evaporust will make quick work on those wrenches; let em soak for an hour, give a quick scrub with steel wool, wipe off and spray with some PTFE to keep them from flash rusting and enjoy the glory of clean tools.

Seat repairs drawing to a close. After searching high and low I was able to locate a decent set of cushions from a '92 model. "$20 seem reasonable?" Uh, yeah, OK...

E15B6A2B-8438-4C21-A236-E7D40AD70166-M.jpg

Got the spray glue and some canvas to reinforce things. Not impressed with glue. The later models use additional springs at the top, so I drilled my seat frame and added the springs to mine too. Overall a pretty miserable experience.

5F85AA9C-43AB-4E6A-80E6-658CF24F58FE-M.jpg

66A0EE97-FB5A-4FD4-BF75-D6FFA7E2E6D9-M.jpg

Strut things arrived.

282D591B-C1F4-44E4-8CDC-941C1EE29AA5-M.jpg

Windshield washers are working!

The shift boot is beautiful. A quality piece.

4A8A8B89-2F4A-4B19-A647-611483D606E6-M.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking about running some speaker wire to the rear while I?m at it. Not sure where I?d put them though.

Three weeks until Davis.

Back