• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

key for 2007 s60

voldvo

Does anyone know if its possible to get a key made for 2007 s60 using the VIN# or some other code present on the car? Or would you have to change the locks/ ignition?

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

You would need to go to the dealer and have them make you one using the VIN. Take your ownership papers with you (if they don't know you, they'll ask to see it and your ID to confirm you're the owner). Be forewarned, they're pricey, especially if you buy the key fob with it... about $300 with, $150 without. That's why I love my P80 so much. $50 laser cut keys FTW.

Thanks for the infp

Thanks for the info. This is for a car I'm considering purchasing. Not being able to start/ drive it makes it a huge crap shoot. Its super helpful to know what the key would cost. I greatly appreciate it.

They key cost is more like $200+ for just the key with no remote. Figure your dealer will charge 1 hour of labor to cut and download the key, you're looking at more than $200. A key with the switchblade is more like $400+ with the cost of cutting, downloading to the car, and the cost of the key. I see keys daily.

Back