• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.2 EZK Chipping developement thread.

So what are you capable of tuning? I'm running 2.2 on my more-modified car, I'd like to bump the rev limiter up a bit, as well as running a bigger MAF and injectors, the usual stuff.

We'll if you wanna run bigger injectors 50lb hour injectors would match a 3 inch 006 AMM or put your 007 in a three inch tube. I can up the ECU rev limit to 6.7k. Not sure if there is a rev limit yet in the 012 EZK ignition box. Working on that still. I don't really do any custom tuning for say bigger injectors, but it could be done, but I don't do it. The tune I have for lh2.2 ECU fuel box was done by a tuner I know. It adds some acceleration enrichment is all. Working on tunes now for the LH2.2 ignition box, but none tested yet. First one I'm doing is a 16v turbo ignition chip. I'm hoping to be testing it here as soon as I get the chip programmed up. I got the Ezk box ready with the chip socket. I'm having some problem programming the chip. Actually erasing them now fully to try and write to them again. First time, only one was fully erased and messed up the write right at the end.. Dammit. These ancient chips are pretty picky on the VCC settings and such and the voltages have to be just right and running windows XP I have to turn off the spool service for the parallel port or it screws up and I turn it off, yet it magically starts up by itself a few minutes later. I could fire up my old windows 2000 puter to do program. I'll try this one again first.

Alright, cool. I'm running a tweaked fuel chip already. I've got a 006 AMM, just haven't bought injectors yet. I've got a set of browntops, but I need to have them checked out, and as I recall, they're only around 42lbs anyway. I reckon the 6700 RPM limit would be about perfect for what I want to do with this motor.

He's running greentops with 3 inch AMM and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I got the chipped ignition box done and we put it in and it does run better with it, but he still have some problems with the fuel side of things. Probably the big maf and stock injectors.. He has a SDS aftermarket fuel and ignition setup to put in so probably not much more going to be done with it at this point as far as trying to tune the fuel better. With the chipped ignition it cruises better and low throttle take off is better. He just put the 2.2 in to get it running and then I decided to mess with it but he doesn't have 50lb injectors, he's got 1000cc to put in with his SDS system. He's only running 12lbs of boost, he can't turn it up more with the greentops.

I've got no plans for any more boost than that, with my build...

Interesting, its a shame the develpoment of that fuel side may come to a close...

Maybe my ride can be the new dummy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4sxw_ve27RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simon

A+ would watch again

you, sir, put the mad in mad scientist

if you can dump the program from the 2.2 cpu, you can probably put it in an external eeprom and ostrich it. just make a pcb stack off the socket with the original CPU, then tie the program select line or whatever it's called to go external, then stack a 256 on top with the bus hooked up and go to town!

Hi Simon

The LH22 fuel chip is only eprom or complete with processor ?
Or was it different ECUs avaliable much like the 116 EZK
with and without external memory eprom ?

The Ostrich has no problems emulating 24/28 & 32 pin Eproms

YS
Jaybee

Hi Simon

The LH22 fuel chip is only eprom or complete with processor ?
Or was it different ECUs avaliable much like the 116 EZK
with and without external memory eprom ?

The Ostrich has no problems emulating 24/28 & 32 pin Eproms

YS
Jaybee

Pretty sure the LH2.2 chip is a cpu/eeprom combo. IIRC, you can configure it to read internal or external code by tying one of the pins high/low when it is powered on. I know you can with the EZK, that's how the EZK add on board works (to make non chippable EZKs chippable).

may be possible to just add a socket (might have to straddle the CPU), plug in an ostrich and go to town.

Hi Simon

Just a thougth...
If one make up a quick and dirty XDF for those actual volvo 2.2 bins and a Saab donor bin. One could use the Saab tool to make a suitable fuel map and then with two instances open of Tunerpro just copy and paste the 10bit Bosch-nerdy two parted maps into the otherwise volvo bin :omg:

Shouldn't be too hard to do ?

YS
Jaybee

The ECU is a 24 pin DIP 2732 4k rom chip so no problem using the ostrich with that.. On the EZK ignition side of things yes you could use an external rom chip if you wire it in like beepees says. Stock it's a 8049 ECu with rom. The program is small compared to lh2.4. I'm using 8749H chips, similar the same, but eeproms on the rom side so you can program them and erase them and reuse. I get them on ebay.

Simon

Hi Simon

Just a thougth...
If one make up a quick and dirty XDF for those actual volvo 2.2 bins and a Saab donor bin. One could use the Saab tool to make a suitable fuel map and then with two instances open of Tunerpro just copy and paste the 10bit Bosch-nerdy two parted maps into the otherwise volvo bin :omg:

Shouldn't be too hard to do ?

YS
Jaybee

We'll Ragnar's saab tool for editing seems to work just fine for the 541 bins. The 511.xdf works for the 541 bins also, but is lacking the fuel map, so if the fuel map calculations could be figured out and added to the 511.xdf then you could ostrich it.

Simon

Last edited:
Problems extracting 591 fuel map with LH22edit

I have a top 853 programmer with a bosch 0 280 000 591 chip in it. I tried to extract the fuel map using LH2.2edit or ragnar's tool. I managed to extract a fuel map, but it looks really weird.

LH2.2%2520bin.png

If someone can tell me what i am doing wrong i am willing to give it another try.

Mark.

Hi

That is probably because the actual map is made up of two pieces
part one is a 16x16 grid
part two is always stacked later in the bin and consists of a 4x16 grid
making the first 16x16 effectively a 10bit map in an 8 bit environment.

Bosch.....:wtf:

To paste and copy maps between bins you need to do both parts at the same time
In a 538 saab bin those maps are found at Hex 0300 (16x16) and Hex 0900 (4x16)

YS
Jaybee

Hi

That is probably because the actual map is made up of two pieces
part one is a 16x16 grid
part two is always stacked later in the bin and consists of a 4x16 grid
making the first 16x16 effectively a 10bit map in an 8 bit environment.

that's actually pretty clever! when you only have 8 bits, make 'em count! unfortunately tunerstudio will never be able to display a table like that properly in it's current iteration.

mark244turbo said:
If someone can tell me what i am doing wrong i am willing to give it another try.

That doesn't actually look like a fuel table. Most of these bin-hacking programs will gladly attempt to interpret garbage data as a fuel table because it doesn't understand it.

If you have ever used excel, it's basically picking a given range (from the bin file) and trying to graph it, valid data or not. You could rename a Justin Bieber MP3 to BIN, open it in tunerstudio and it will gladly show you a fuel table, etc. But it will look something like your graph below :)

Hi Bp :-)

It actually looks just as I described it.
What's going on is this: (explained in my non computer savvy manner)

It uses the first grid 16x16 as main reference
then it picks a byte from the 4x16 hack it in 4 pieces like this:

piece1 2 3 4

255= 11111111 (11) (11 ) (11) (11)
These represent a decimal value of:
255= 240 (11+11 ) + 15(11+11)

When you leave out the last 4x16 grid you loose the uniform shape of the graph

Any wiser ?

I see. So, if I understand correctly, the 16x16 table has the lest-significant bits, and the 4x16 has the most-significant bits. Or something. I think I need to go poke around in a BIN to actually get it.

Most people find it annoying, but I love it when programmers do clever things like this.

Hi BP

It is best illustrated if you use the LHedit and poke in a saab bin with it
then load one instance in tunerpro with original bin and one with "poked"

pretty easy to see what is going on.

one byte in the 4x16 is used to complement 4 bytes in the 16x16

the 16x16 is used to add a value between 0 and 255 to the "most significant bits"
or nibbles from the 4 x 16 map
the most significant ones represent 0 or 256 or 512 or 768
represented by values "like" 0 , 1 , 2 or 3

if you split one byte in two, say you have CC that is C + C

then each part governs the added value to the two cells it complements

it is easier to view the changes in Hex (less brain damage)

00hex adds nothing to none of the four
01hex adds 256 to the first of four and nothing to the other three
02hex adds 512
03hex adds 768
04hex adds only 256 to the second
05hex adds 256 to 1st and second one and nothing to the others

10hex adds only 256 to the third
40hex adds only 256 to the fourth
50hex adds 256 to 3rd and fourth only

55hex adds 256 to all four

and so on.... :omg:

Back