• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Sway Bar Installation

Start working on getting the old gasket material in the car for the fuel tank. Was wanting to get it in this weekend, but parts got delayed from IPD... Got the sway bar in, will make a few adjustments this week. Spent most of my time cleaning with my Ultrasonic cleaner.

LiQrejPl.jpg

Ze6Ao8yl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Nice! I got a little held up with selling my house and trying to work on the car in the snow. Found out that my master cylinder is leaking and after having my car sit for 2 weeks I no longer have front brakes and no paint on my firewall :grrr: So instead of a clutch with this paycheck, I get to buy a new master cylinder.

Nice! I got a little held up with selling my house and trying to work on the car in the snow. Found out that my master cylinder is leaking and after having my car sit for 2 weeks I no longer have front brakes and no paint on my firewall :grrr: So instead of a clutch with this paycheck, I get to buy a new master cylinder.

What kind you going to get? I was going to get a Wilwood tandem unit. Will go with Wilwood for the clutch MC too.

Thanks,

Start working on a few things yesterday.

Got the new sender unit in.

VJVqutjl.jpg

7XzgakXl.jpg

lHAM1HXl.jpg

Realized I forgot to order a body rubber seal that goes around the neck... So now I'm trying to track that down.

Parts are trickling in for the new transmission too:spin::dance:
7fDUaXbl.jpg

Start working on some of the rubber seals on the car. Car doesn't really have any rust, but every rubber seal is shot.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Start working on a few things yesterday.

Got the new sender unit in.

Realized I forgot to order a body rubber seal that goes around the neck... So now I'm trying to track that down.

Parts are trickling in for the new transmission too:spin::dance:

Start working on some of the rubber seals on the car. Car doesn't really have any rust, but every rubber seal is shot.

Before:

After:

Thanks,

I need to replace my seals, sitting in a box somewhere in the basement. I mounted a gas cylinder from McMaster on the lift gate, very convenient.

IMG_20160110_164656167_HDR_zpsm6w74o3t.jpg

There is a gas cylinder on the other side that's shot. I'll replace that sometime this week.

My outer seal was really bad, will replace th inner seal soon. When ever I order parts, try to order a few seals too.

I think the vent seals are the worse for me.

Off topic, love your roof rack:)

Thanks,

Morning Everyone,

Starting looking through my list and I'm trying sort out what I need to buy to get this T5 in.

What I already have:
Ford T5 Trans (1352-199)
DeeWorks Adapter
M46 BH (LH2.4)

Here is the current list of items I still need (I think):
- Volvo TOB > What year do I use and what model of Volvo? Whatever works with the M46 BH?
- Volvo Flywheel and Pressure plate > Reuse what I have for the B18/ M41?
- Ford Clutch Disc > Yoshifab: https://yoshifab.com/store/8-5-ford-t5-clutch-disk.html
- Ford Pilot bearing > For V8 Mustang (same year as Trans): http://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/...-5-0l-fi-hp/292551_302856_1651/?checkfit=true
- T5 Poly Mount> Yoshifab: https://yoshifab.com/store/t5-polyurathane-transmission-mount.html
- Gasket- I believe there is a gasket between the BH and the trans normally. What should I use since I have the adapter plate?

Also, for the M46 BH I got, looks like this was a cable clutch and my car was setup for hydraulic. So I assume it needs to be converted?

Thank you in advance for everyone's help!

Last edited:
If you reuse your m41 clutch PP, its only going to be enough to hold 150-200 ft lbs, maybe less. going to a B21 turbo PP, or SAAB9000 PP and having you flywheel redrilled would be optimal for anything over 150ftlbs. At least thats what Ive been reading/hearing… Talk to JohnV or better yet since you're getting your Ford Disc from Yoshi, grab a PP from them also. The bolt pattern for b21 and b18 PP's are the same.

If you reuse your m41 clutch PP, its only going to be enough to hold 150-200 ft lbs, maybe less. going to a B21 turbo PP, or SAAB9000 PP and having you flywheel redrilled would be optimal for anything over 150ftlbs. At least thats what Ive been reading/hearing… Talk to JohnV or better yet since you're getting your Ford Disc from Yoshi, grab a PP from them also. The bolt pattern for b21 and b18 PP's are the same.

I'm also trying to plan for the B230ft later.

Also don't see a PP available on their site. I'll have to do some more digging.

Thanks,

Have a picture of how you hooked it up to the bottom?

Thanks,

Used another female ball joint like at the top. I couldn't find hardware to fit it on the left side like the stock unit using inexpensive generic hardware. Had to trim them down so that the compressed length was short enough. I can get some daylight shots tomorrow if you like. I cannot remember how much it all cost but it was significantly cheaper than a direct replacement.

Used another female ball joint like at the top. I couldn't find hardware to fit it on the left side like the stock unit using inexpensive generic hardware. Had to trim them down so that the compressed length was short enough. I can get some daylight shots tomorrow if you like. I cannot remember how much it all cost but it was significantly cheaper than a direct replacement.

That would be great! Thank you.

Back