home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > article composition

Old 11-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #376
kodja
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroboie View Post
Yes, however the earlier diagrams in this thread show the tach hooked to TAC.

Maybe people were having issues with it powering the tach and that's why the updated picture shows the relay method?
well thanks for posting my How to Wire it up guide
you wont need any relay when using the Mazda Ignitor module. so the edited picture further up is just wasted time if you are using the parts listed on the picture this have worked like a charm on my 242 8V but now i am going t use it along with COP instead of the 2x2 coil on my new 16V Turbo

so...

WHAT is the correct Coil on Plug i should buy to make it work with the Wasted Spark board on a 16V head? i have no patience for reading all pages to backread on that question and i need to get them soon thanks

82' 242 (Turboproject) C70 two-coloured leather and alcantara seats (electical adjusted), Harman/Kardon amps++

Last edited by kodja; 11-15-2017 at 01:23 PM..
kodja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #377
nitroboie
Board Member

Just finished my install. Followed DET17s footsteps and went from a gold cold chipped ezk to stock blackbox.

I used a 203 powerstage, 407 coil, relay running the tach, and the BTI valve cover mounting bracket.

Btw, the spark board from cflo still appears to have the spark outputs reversed. No big deal, just make sure you do a test start/run before you make the final crimp/solder.
nitroboie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #378
Duder
His Dudeness, El Duderino

Yes, we've verified that this whole batch has the outputs reversed. So until further notice, please swap the 1-4 and 2-3 outputs when you do your wiring. It has to do with how the boards were programmed. Everything still functions as normal though.
Duder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:37 AM   #379
Flexter
Board Member

Anyone ever tried running alfa romeo 155 coil? is there any problems with it
Flexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #380
nitroboie
Board Member

After almost two weeks of running the new spark, I like it. The car definitely pulls hard in the upper rev range. A lot of people don't give the T cam enough credit, it'll pull to redline in 3rd. My car doesn't have much mods other than running 12psi on a 13c and the obx 2.5 catback. Can't judge any mpg differences as I've been too busy enjoying the new power vs. driving like I normally do.

This weekend I plan to finally have enough time to install the do88 intercooler and B or ipd cam to complement the new spark.

nitroboie is offline   Reply With Quote