• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Yeah, wouldn't complain at that 60' with a manual. My best on a poor track and street tires is 2.0 seemed like the track was kinda slick as well watching what Alex was pulling off in the v70 (he is a local, know the car).

Definitely dyno time though.

My car funds are otherwise tied up for the next few months. Hopefully in September or October. Car's just going to be a driver for the time being.

Hokay so,

Thanks to more help from mr. gross polluter I was able to get my PID controllers on point for EGO, IAC, and boost level, so that's neat.

Next order of business is to tighten up my wastegate actuator. It's a 14 psi unit that makes ~10 with EBC turned off, so it's time to crank it down. I'm capped to 18 psi after torque peak with the solenoid closed shut...not sure what's up with that, but I want to have a high boost tune roughed in before putting it on the rollers.

Other than that it's been killing coils without the MSD. I'm suspecting the tachometer is somehow grounding the coil negative somehow as the tach needle would bounce like crazy and quit working a second before the engine would quit. Logs showed nothing weird or any other sync loss reason codes. It was also not loving a .022" plug gap so back on the MSD went. No more tach signal drop/engine quits and runs more smoothly with the super short gap.

Otherwise it feels good and torquey with the IPD Turbo cam lashed and timed per Enem's V15 spec. Turbo makes pressure at 1500 RPM is all in at 3000, and pulls cleanly to 6500. I'm very happy with it so far as the powerband is easily 1500 RPM wider than with the RSI 2, and feels like it makes more torque to boot.

The goodness, the rightness, nay! The greatness of Harlards car is not the car itself. It is what it represents! A young man, against the odds, building a sublime ride the way, if we were all brutally honest, we all would: In the finest TB style. Is it good looking?! Not so much. Is she fast? Not bad for a sport-model import. It's the fact that the line between man and machine have blurred. The 242 is Harlard and Harlard is the 242. As is the case over long, intense relationships, the man has touched, cleaned, modified and improved every square inch of the vehicle. And I am in awe.

images

Back