• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

145 interior... 245 bits

Oerski

Curious if anyone has swapped Late 245 seats and door panels over to a 145. I found a wrecked donor with almost flawless interior.

Update yours and take pictures to post so that someone else can follow.

Anything can be done. Somethings are easier than others.

What year 145? Front door panels from a 240 won't work with the vent window doors. Luckily, 1974-77 140/240 doors bolt right up and can use the same door lock cylinders, etc, from the original doors. You will have to either modify the door panels or the inner door skins to accept the corresponding armrests. Added benefit, if car is a 1968-72 model, you gain the side guard door beams. Also, power mirrors or late 240 mirrors can be installed, if the car needs to be updated more.

Front seats, you'll either want to weld the seats to the 140 rail assemblies, or use 1974 140 rails bolted to the 240 seat frames. I would do the former if you're tall. If average or short, the latter works fine. Rear seat will need to have the matching latch hardware swapped over, if pre-1974, and you're using a 1974-86 style seat back.

Hard to tell, but there are 240 black leather seats shown in this pic of my old '73 145E. Car also had 1976 front doors on it, hence the mismatch in paint color. It also had 1975-80 wiper arms, the 240 black A-pillar antenna, and a 1981 245DL tailgate installed.

Of the 145 model years, the 1974 is the most 240 parts compatible year, since it has the same rear floorpan section as a 240 (with different suspension mounts, obviously), so it can use the cargo panels from a 245 as well.

John242Ti I dig the idea of trying it but I’m not ready to take on a major project in addition to the car itself. I def knew I’d be modding the front seat rails. The 145 is a ‘70 and I’ve had to get inside each door to install new scrapers and one regulator. The fronts oddly have the same square cut out for as the 240 where the speakers go. I thought the panels would not work cuz the arm rests but it looks like they use the same top mount but the 145’s obvious gradually slope back whereas the 240’s are like 90degree grab handles.
I’d be all in for trying to do it if I knew someone with a 245 I could try before I buy lol

Oerski, the issue with the door panels is at the top edge. The 1974-93 panels are straight across, whereas the 1967-73 panels drop down where the wing window is located. Note in the pic below, how the panel goes straight, but the screw holes are still in the same locations on the panel.

You'd need to notch the later panel to make room for the wing window mechanism, if you planned to use them on the original doors. Rear door panels can be swapped easily, since the inner door skin is identical. Panel shown is a '74 panel. 1975 and newer panels aren't drilled for the screws at the top, btw.

Back