• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

kjet to efi fuel lines

shaved240

wondering how you guys did your fuel lines for cars that went from kjet (b21ft) to lh, or ms. I know that the stock lh fuel rail and lines have special fittings on the end(ball and socket type) that really only come on on stock volvo cars. I went to a parts place and they didn't have a similar style fitting as the oem fitting on the lh fuel lines running to the lh fuel rail. Can I just re-use the stock barbed type fitting found on the lh fuel lines with new hose? If not, where did you find these special fittings. thanks

wondering how you guys did your fuel lines for cars that went from kjet (b21ft) to lh, or ms. I know that the stock lh fuel rail and lines have special fittings on the end(ball and socket type) that really only come on on stock volvo cars. I went to a parts place and they didn't have a similar style fitting as the oem fitting on the lh fuel lines running to the lh fuel rail. Can I just re-use the stock barbed type fitting found on the lh fuel lines with new hose? If not, where did you find these special fittings. thanks

If I understand what you are asking correctly (a pic would be great?), the answer is yes.

Your fuel filter is on the firewall by the driver correct? Are you leaving it there?

When I finally moved mine to the rear, I had to pull the old hose out and run new to the front because the other was too short. That was not too bad of a job. Worst part was getting the barbed fittings out of the old line (which is what it sounds like you are asking about)...

Patience. Good razor blades (in a utility knife ;-) ). Safety glasses.

I used one of the OEM fuel line mounting clamps and a drywall screw to stabilize the hose by mounting it on a wood workbench. Then I ran another drywall screw through the banjo female end (in a way that would cause one side to catch and pull against the wood workbench). Then I cut it out.

The fuel line from the factory is very strong and the aging process only makes the inner hose more so it seems.

Be careful and good luck!

---

In the event you are trying to leave the fuel filter there... I would look for a short hose at the J/Y (before making one using similar techniques as above). My car has always had a fuel filter up front b/c my original project (an 83 242 NA GT) had a short hose that fed the fuel rail from a filter mounted up front...

Oh yeah...

Don't press too hard onto the hard inner line with the razor blade. I almost cut too deep into the brass fitting at some point during my extraction.

Fortunately I had a small rat-tail file to do clean up with.

If I did this again, I might even try to heat the blade with a candle on workbench and see it that would help with not having to do so much work with the blade to minimize any damage to the fitting.

Either way, patience is key. Going slow and being careful will get 'er done ;-)

Cut the nylon hose off the fittings and use regular fuel injection hose and clamps. Done it over and over for years. Make sure you use Fuel injection hose!!! For the return cause its a way lower pressure you can use regular fuel hose. Regular fuel hose is usually rated at 50PSI MAX, and return side will prolly never see anything close to that. But you'll see close to 50PSI if not over regularly on a stock turbo motor.

Mark

Back