• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The V8 245

Think he meant to post in the mount GB thread, then redacted it ?\_(ツ)_/?

Right now the other Mill is full with other orders, so I found another mill to keep up with orders. hopefully finishing up with the wiring this week. I still need to build a coolant tank for it. All of the hardware and bushing for the mounts have been ordered and waiting for them in the mail.

So yes been crazy in the shop in the last two months.

Small update, I bought a full set of S60R brakes, also bought a set of Style 42 BBS on craigslist in seattle. I'm picking them up next week.

Last edited:
So I decided to test fit the mounts on the motor with the GM compressor. Had to modify the bracket for the compressor. It's a tight fit, but it will work.

Interested to see the front end damage you speak of!

The damage was on the blue wagon that I originally wanted to use. It was more work than I wanted to do so i scrapped the wagon. The frame was bent and most likely the whole strut tower would of needed to be replaced.

So Jeremy (volvo?) Came over and we decided to pull the old b230f and install the V8. Took us about 5 hours to pull the old motor and install the V8. Still need to work on the wiring harness, and work on the fuel system.

Most BMW wheels are 5x120; when Kaplan started redrilling hubs for 5x114, I think there was a consensus that there wasn't enough meat on the hubs for 5x120. Dunno about the backs.

Back