• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What (e-bay) Catch Can to get?

Sort of, engine vacuum can help with removal of crankcase gasses, but it's debatable as to how much it helps.

Seals etc can leak if you do have to much pressure, hence why people add like a vented cap, or valve cover, in the end though just make sure nothing creates a restriction, and you should be good.

I myself am a believe in vac on the crankcase. It sucks cleaning your throttle body, but its not that bad.

I have read that the crankcase ventilation needs the vacuum to pull out the pressure?

Is this true?

eg. might a catch-can give you problems with leaky seals?
Or is it an urban myth?
I have a lot of blowby. I was pulling vac on the catch can by way of a ~1/2" ID hose plumbed to the pre-turbo pipe. It was sucking the oil out of the engine. Now I have the can I posted above plumbed into the system and I have removed the vac source so it's just venting to atmosphere. Now it's hardly putting oil into the can compared to before.

You should pull vacuum through the can if you can, and if you want to. In my case, the vac was too much. My engine was rebuilt including all new seals/gaskets and it's still clean. It does not show any oil leaks even with the positive crankcase pressure. At idle, there is pressure coming out of the head/block. If I loosen the oil cap while it's running, it will jump and bounce.

More expensive...more better? Baffled, big 3/8" npt bungs, large diameter filter, drain on the bottom. It's exactly what I was looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alum...266394191QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330266394191

aempics048.jpg

Thats what i got works good,one hole for the block and one is for the head

Thats what i got works good,one hole for the block and one is for the head
Where do you think I got the idea? It looked good and seemed to be larger than some others I've seen. So far, so good. I'll post pictures of the install this week (so everyone can laugh at my dual catch cans).

I have used my greddy catchtank in my 760 turbo for a while but thats being rebuild.

Now i want to use the can on my racecer Volvo 360 with B200 N/A.

Bought the Yoshifab crankcase adapter and now i am a bit confused how to hook this up as my Greddy catchtank only has 2 connectors.

I would say:

1: To intake hose / or vented to atmosphere (B200 N/A engine)
2: Block

But the Yoshifab adapter has 2 connectors..

11313214_890170527710513_1382765225_n.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one of those standard eBay ones with both fittings close together on the top but stuffed it full of steel wool and a little downstraw on the inlet fitting so it didn't just loop back out into the other hose. My best working one is a stainless steel water bottle turned upside down stuffed full of stainless wool (must use stainless or it rusts) with a little filter breather on it

I have used my greddy catchtank in my 760 turbo for a while but thats being rebuild.

Now i want to use the can on my racecer Volvo 360 with B200 N/A.

Bought the Yoshifab crankcase adapter and now i am a bit confused how to hook this up as my Greddy catchtank only has 2 connectors.

I would say:

1: To intake hose / or vented to atmosphere (B200 N/A engine)
2: Block

But the Yoshifab adapter has 2 connectors..

The smaller fitting is the oil drain from the catch can (sounds like your catch can doesn`t have one?). The larger one is the vent that goes to the catch can.

b230_ccv_plumbing.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps cap off the second port the "drain" and drain the catch can manually? I'd prefer it that way cause the stuff that comes out of the catch cans I've seen I'd NOT want to drain back into my engine. It's nasty milkshake looking junk

Perhaps cap off the second port the "drain" and drain the catch can manually? I'd prefer it that way cause the stuff that comes out of the catch cans I've seen I'd NOT want to drain back into my engine. It's nasty milkshake looking junk

I was thinking that too, block off the second port on the Yoshifab adapter, and route it like i did on the b230ET. To sum it up on a B200 N/A Engine i would get away with

Big connector on yosifab adapter: > Catchtank line 1
Big connector on yosifab adapter: > Block it off

Catchtank line 2: vented to atmosphere

It's a race car , no emission laws etc. With the OEM breatherbox redblocks all puke oil around 7K revs. Hope this will keep the oil more in the block or the can

Yes my catch tank only has 2 fittings... Hmmm

Thread from the dead.

Where does pulling vacuum on the Yoshifab catch can come into play. I have the breather and return plate from him. I will be making mega boost and was going to pull it from pre turbo but it appears one does not use vacuum in his design.
Maybe its not necessary or i'm just overthinking things as usual.

Balzich;5257254[IMG said:
https://yoshifab.com/store/images/source/oil_catchcan/b230_ccv_plumbing.jpg[/IMG]

If you have Josh?s catch cam as pictured above, I believe you want intake vacuum to be applied to the top fitting as shown in the picture.

The top port on Yoshi's catch can should get routed to the pre-turbo intake pipe. His design doesn't really accommodate an intake manifold vacuum source, but you can run a tee with a vacuum line and check valve to the manifold if you want.

Back