• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Display mounting is done. Lexan covered with 3m matte vinyl.
Blown out photo so you can see the bezel detail.
DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

Extra points will be awarded if you turn the extra vent oreo roll switch into the VEMS display power switch.

Better yet, connect it to a pot and have it dim the screen ohmygod i might just do that.

EDIT: I'll leave it alone, the LCD is already glued in. I don't want to **** with it.

What? Only a four digit tachometer reading?:-P No 10,000+ rpm intended? I thought this was an all out bling build?

Now with more progress...
Throttle actuation complete. Works fancy like.
B230 (240) spool and cable retainer, shortened 960 linkage, 240/850 TB cam and 960 TB.
The setup retains the factory 240 throttle feel and opening rate. Shouldn't have an ultra touchy pedal like some over center throttle spool solutions.
DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

So I'll have to wait and see when I get the hood back on if I need to trim the rad any more. I dont THINK I will but who knows.
DSC_0083.jpg

The OEM++++++++ Catch can/ oil separator arrived today. Fancy unit. Gotta find a place to put it when the engine goes back in.
DSC_0084.jpg

The bump on the outlet is a vacuum valve that regulates crankcase vacuum.
DSC_0085.jpg

The lid has an overpressure relief valve.
DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Filter installed.
DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Back