• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Instrument Panel Bulbs???

Andrewhans

Turbo LS ****poster
So I had my panel lights go out on me after installing a Tach. After burning up my bulbs due to me not pulling the fuse, I read about the fixes and looked for any burned up traces on the backside of the cluster. Did that, found nothing wrong at all on the backside.

Got the new bulbs today from Ipd and they dont fit. Not sure what is going on but here are a couple of photos with the old on the left and the new on the right. The new one on the right is part #110736 from Ipd.

Due to being informed that the earlier style that I have is simply a bulb "holder" and not an integral part of the bulb :oops: I want to spread this information in a recently updated thread about it. It is a standard run of the mill 174 bulb.

Glad I spent $25 to get two of these bulbs shipped to me.

how did you pull the bulbs out? I'm about to change mine, and I heard they are easy to break when pulling them?

I bought LEDs from superbrightleds.com do I have to take the holder out then put the new leds into the holder, then put it the assembly back in?

Trying to figure this out as well. In theory, you could pull out the old bulb and put in an LED. But it all comes down to brightness! I purchased one of the later style bulbs and it kept bending to where it would have poor connection and rarely light up one side of the dash. So I soldered an LED to the cluster as a temp-fix. It works, but is incredibly dull.

I have soldered a bunch of white LED's into the center panel. Looks so much better and will last for years.

Back