• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 sedan headliner?

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
Has anyone ever taken their headliner out of a 240 sedan without removing the windshield or rear window? I've got a crazy idea of doing a plaid headliner.

In a 242 you can take out a headliner with the seats out or all the way down. Bends a bit.

Good luck in a 244. You'll need to pop the glass like posted above.

How easy is easy? Bolt on bolt off or cutting it out and replacing seals?

There's like 16-18 bolts that hold stuff onto the roof, the visors, and the dome, then you gotta unplug the window defroster and try not to destroy the rear pillars. You remove the middle strip from outside the rear window and pop it out from the inside with muscles.

The seal can be reused. There's just a little trick getting it back on.

Here is a pic of the headliner I did:

cl4A.jpg

Here is a picture of the seal:

I've did it with my 780 by removing the steering wheel.

I can't imagine doing in an anything short of a 2 or 5 door without popping out the rear window. Is the rear window bonded in?

Cut it in half and make a very stiff reinforcement panel?

*edit: crazychopstick haz teh ansers.

Last edited:
I took mine out of the a 244. No seats, and the dash out, and the passenger door unbolted.
Came out perfectly.

This is sort of a side question but related. Where did you find the fabrics. All I found that have the foam backing are solid. Was this a two part process where 1/8 foam was glued on, then the fabric? That opens the door to lots of stuff as we have a clearance place with rolls of upholstery type material that is wide enough. Nice touch adding the color accents to your 240's.

Back