• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cadillac Brakes on a Volvo 240

Good deal. Keep us posted, how much interest do you need before you will commit to selling them?

When I am ready, I will make a buy thread. I am not sure I would actually do a group buy for it, but rather make up a bunch of adapter brackets and sell them with the hardware as needed.

It will be at least until the first of next year, since I have other projects I am working on. In the meantime I will see about getting the brake lines made cheaper, but I really don't want to skimp on quality.

Look up ATS. The price says $128 on mine.

Ok. Would you mind posting the part numbers from the ones you purchased? Thanks! They look awesome.

Hmm, is it these? (2014 ATS)

ACDELCO 1722586 GM 22760030 Front Left HD Power Brakes(J55) $128.79
ACDELCO 1722587 GM 22760031 Front Right HD Power Brakes(J55) $128.79

Last edited:
Ok. Would you mind posting the part numbers from the ones you purchased? Thanks! They look awesome.

Hmm, is it these? (2014 ATS)

ACDELCO 1722586 GM 22760030 Front Left HD Power Brakes(J55) $128.79
ACDELCO 1722587 GM 22760031 Front Right HD Power Brakes(J55) $128.79

Those are correct from what has been posted about the part numbers.

When I am ready, I will make a buy thread. I am not sure I would actually do a group buy for it, but rather make up a bunch of adapter brackets and sell them with the hardware as needed.

It will be at least until the first of next year, since I have other projects I am working on. In the meantime I will see about getting the brake lines made cheaper, but I really don't want to skimp on quality.

I am happy to wait. Maybe offer a base kit with the brackets and hardware and offer the lines separately.

I finished up the brakes today and went on a test drive to bed in the pads.

As expected, the brake pedal travel is longer, but it is still in the usable range. I will probably go to a bigger bore master cylinder for a better feel.

Braking performance is amazing. Light pressure on the brake peddle will slow the car down very quickly. You can really tell those big rotors are doing the job.

I finished up the brakes today and went on a test drive to bed in the pads.

As expected, the brake pedal travel is longer, but it is still in the usable range. I will probably go to a bigger bore master cylinder for a better feel.

Braking performance is amazing. Light pressure on the brake peddle will slow the car down very quickly. You can really tell those big rotors are doing the job.

From what I have seen most use a mustang master cylinder to up the bore. Glad to hear the maiden voyage went well. Looking forward to the first of the year so I can send you money!

Rear bits?

I was combing the info at http://bremboaftermarket.com and it looks like the S60R rear rotor will likely fit as well, but might lose the hub P-brake. So you might have to install a hydro extra caliper set like a Lambo to run it.

S60R rear is "Overhall height 65mm" vs the 240/740/940 "Overhall height 73.2mm", so 8.2mm short. But hey, it is 330mm diameter and vented.

I haven't looked at the thickness of the S60R rotor (28mm) vs the ATS yet.

Hrm. Never mind. I know jack **** about rear rotor designs. Rear rotor on 240/740/940 is hub-mounted and not floating; S60R/V60R etc is floating and IRS... Brembo site has pretty much no drafting schematics of the rear rotors (except for the 240/740/940 one.)

Hrm. Never mind. I know jack **** about rear rotor designs. Rear rotor on 240/740/940 is hub-mounted and not floating; S60R/V60R etc is floating and IRS... Brembo site has pretty much no drafting schematics of the rear rotors (except for the 240/740/940 one.)

I'm not sure what "floating" means for a rotor. I know the rear s60r rotor will work, but not sure if a rear upgrade is really needed. I so have a pair of s60r calipers that I could probably adapt

The ATS uses a gm rear caliper I believe.

Back