• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chipping FAQ

possibly dumb question

I have a quick question. I'm pretty sure I have LH2.2 (1988 745TI), so this means that I don't have the chippable EZK. If I were to get my paws on one of the chippable EZK's from a junkyard, would it just plug and play with my LH? If so, wouldn't this mean that I get to chip it too (the EZK)? I ask because I just "refound" this forum, and last time I was in here there weren't chips for the 7 series. It's nice to see that that was fixed, and I'm planning on getting the setup soon, right after I take care of a little maintainence on my wagon. I'd like to get both chips, and I think it'll be easy enough to get the right EZK. Thanks for your time, and I'll let you know when I'll be ready for one of your chips.

I have a quick question. I'm pretty sure I have LH2.2 (1988 745TI), so this means that I don't have the chippable EZK. If I were to get my paws on one of the chippable EZK's from a junkyard, would it just plug and play with my LH? If so, wouldn't this mean that I get to chip it too (the EZK)? I ask because I just "refound" this forum, and last time I was in here there weren't chips for the 7 series. It's nice to see that that was fixed, and I'm planning on getting the setup soon, right after I take care of a little maintainence on my wagon. I'd like to get both chips, and I think it'll be easy enough to get the right EZK. Thanks for your time, and I'll let you know when I'll be ready for one of your chips.
The EZK of the LH2.2 system is not chippable (yet).

I have explained the reason for this before in another thread I think... The LH2.2 system came with two versions of the EZK (EZ117K). An EZK built with Intel circuits and one built with Motorola circuits. None of them are socketed. You can?t just add a chip socket because one of the versions use a software that is not easily read from the CPU/EPROM. You can not see on the outside of the EZK which version it is.

This will be solved in the future though, so stay tuned.

You can still use the fuel chip only, and then set the statical advance with the distributor in the meantime.

i'm new hear wa little confused by the list of models at the start of this thread i need a little clarification. i have a 92 740 turbo wagon what system is it lh2.2 or lh2.4? i'm seriously interested in chipping it bu want t make sure i get the correct chip or chips if neccessary.

i'm new hear wa little confused by the list of models at the start of this thread i need a little clarification. i have a 92 740 turbo wagon what system is it lh2.2 or lh2.4? i'm seriously interested in chipping it bu want t make sure i get the correct chip or chips if neccessary.
Definitely LH2.4

Look at the ECU number and give it to me. Then I can tell you.

ok the ecu is in the pass kick panel and the other one is under the steering column correct?

thanks ill check it out. also i was reading i could run 30% larger injectors and the stock ecu with a chip cn run them fine. i have a set of 390cc injectors from a auto eclipse turbo will these work ok? since you guy like to swap in brown tops i have these and wondering if they work ok? also will i need a adj fpr or will i be ok. my goal is setting the mbc to 18psi.

thanks ill check it out. also i was reading i could run 30% larger injectors and the stock ecu with a chip cn run them fine. i have a set of 390cc injectors from a auto eclipse turbo will these work ok? since you guy like to swap in brown tops i have these and wondering if they work ok? also will i need a adj fpr or will i be ok. my goal is setting the mbc to 18psi.
The 390cc/min injectors would be a great upgrade. Just see to that the injectors have the same dimensions as your stock ones.

Ok i've got a thing to add and a question

i have a ezk box 169 that is chippable, so maybe put that up on the list.

Also are the ecu box specific. Will a chip for a 563 chip work in another box for example?

Ok i've got a thing to add and a question

i have a ezk box 169 that is chippable, so maybe put that up on the list.
It has been added now.

Also are the ecu box specific. Will a chip for a 563 chip work in another box for example?
Yes and no at the same time.

The 563 chip could work in the 560 ECU, but the functions, maps and some other small things will not be the same. It will probably not light up the "check engine" light, but it will not perform optimal like the 560 specific chip would. The same thing goes for the 962 vs. 967 ECU.

A chip within the same series of ECU?s will work, but not optimal. The 56x chips will work in either ECU (560, 563). The 96x chips will also work in either ECU (962, 967). There are other ECU series that this applies to. And like I said, it will work but not work optimal.

are these chips just clip out/clip in... or is there soldering involved??
No soldering involved on any of the LH2.4 chips and the LH2.2 591 ECU.

The 541 ECU however has to be modified with the kit that is included, and that requires soldering in a few components and adding a chip socket.

The B204FT will get 70HP and 55NM extra, but... I now have an updated map for the ignition which will give you an additional 10-15HP (resulting in 80-85HP extra and 65-70NM extra) and much more low rpm power.

Fred,

in the group-buy you told me these chips were not available yet?

Best regards,

Bert

Fred,

in the group-buy you told me these chips were not available yet?

Best regards,

Bert
They are not available yet just like I said.

I have them but I will not sell them yet because we need to do some other things first.

Do you happen to have the wiring diagrams to wire up an ODB II connector to the LH 2.4 ECU?
Somewhere, yes.

Do I remember where? No.

I will present them when I find them.

It is only a few wires anyway, and they are very easy to hook up.

Back