• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fast Orange 1976 245 fix-up

That valve cover looks really good. What'd you do to shine it up?

i need some 70's wagon in my life

Get turbo engine.

Buy Microsquirt

Done.

It is the easiest swap into an older car. Easier than swapping in all the FI stuff from a later car. Far fewer wiring. Would need a tune though.

Jordan

This is what i was thinking as well after endlessly reading of different forum posts, im not sure an na b21f is a great base though, 9.3 compression i think? It has the advantage of already having the distributor in the right place and it bolts up to my early car m46.

JxilAPNl.jpg

Took a picture of how the car is looking right now, I slapped that set of hella driving lights onto the car last winter because they were on sale on amazon and someone had already drilled holes in the bumper as some point in the car's life.

It needs some love, I did put a good used starter in the car and fixed a coolant leak the other day, I went through three remanufactured starters in six months and decided to give up and just find a used OEM one.

short list of project goals from minor to major

1. replace the broken quartz clock in the dash

2. get the correct latching relay and harness for the later overdrive knob.

3. upgrade the ruined speakers for the stereo.

4. Replace the power steering rack which is leaking like crazy.

6. fix the mysterious clunking from the right rear.

5. Make the orange car actually fast, the California emissions special b21f and it's 6-8HP isn't cutting it.

6. Make the car actually orange instead of orange/white/grey/silver/rust.

Back