• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Smaller washer bottle?

Arewethereyet

Hi all, due to intercooler piping and turbo outlet I need a smaller washer bottle so I can use part of that flat area under it to route ic piping. Any ideas of an alternative one? Honda Integra dc2 looks hopeful as it has two pumps, shallow profile and neck in approx right position

Hi
What's the volume of that washer bottle?
I moved my washer bottle to the rear butt cheek, next to the battery. The front to back piping is already there, just need to splice into it at the back & put a join at the front where the pumps used to be.
Tim

I have used early 245 rear washer bottle and pump or Mini (real mini not a flippin BMW with a Mini badge) has a nice bottle and pump you could use

Cheers guys, I?ve bagged an Integra twin pump one cheap, that looks a good fit. Just got to work out the rhd downpipe route now....

I use a 20oz soda bottle with a vent hole drilled through the cap next to where the hose runs through. How high are your standards? :lol: Mine is captured loosely by zip ties, sits down next to the intercooler end tank behind the headlight in my 240....so it's not going anywhere, yet can be removed quickly for refilling.

The one pictured above is the 240 Turbo variety used on the cars fitted with an intercooler. They're not very common. And they may not fit so well depending on the rest of your setup.

Engine bay of a 240 Group A race car showing how it fits. They used the standard 240 washer tank as a catch can. I'm fairly certain the 240 Turbo-intercooler washer fluid tank is used for water injection here.

9399062.jpg

9399063.jpg

9399064.jpg

9399512.jpg

9400748.jpg

It's not going to fit with ABS snakes in the way...
117126056.jpg

I’ve got to use a narrower bottle, yet still retain twin pumps, as my Holset needs to exit it’s compressor outlet straight down and through the flat section ahead of the front driver wheel arch due to placement and the standard 940 bottle is too wide at the bottom. Once I’ve worked out how to attach pics I’ll show you.

Back