• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sander's 6.0 V12 745 project

The radiator is in, it's mounted on 4 of these rubber vibration damper things. The top ones are mounted to this plastic panel between the headlights. I moved it forward about 10cm compared to stock so now there is enough space for a fan. Should also still be enough space to add the ac condenser. The oil cooler will live in front of it all at the bottom, behind the air intakes in the front air dam.

2u7my4z.jpg

14bkejb.jpg

1z3w5fk.jpg

2re42yv.jpg

zy7iww.jpg

2whp8ok.jpg

1564h04.jpg

24ybiuc.jpg

sg30vq.jpg

I’m really looking forward to hearing this thing run. Can’t imagine how fun it’s going to be to drive.

Yeah me too, it's progressing a lot slower than I would like at the moment.

whoa.. nice tig alu skills.. i still need to improve mine

Thanks, still have a lot of room for improvement too

Journey

I?m really looking forward to hearing this thing run. Can?t imagine how fun it?s going to be to drive.

+1. But untill that moment I immensely enjoying the amazing engineering and fabrication skills of Sander. Regarding the resources at his disposal. After reading his last posting I wonder what obstacles he will encounter next. It seems like no obstacle is too high to overcome. Not the destination but the journey and all the victories on the way. Silent with admiration...

New to forum I have a V12 in my 240z project.

The radiator is in, it's mounted on 4 of these rubber vibration damper things. The top ones are mounted to this plastic panel between the headlights. I moved it forward about 10cm compared to stock so now there is enough space for a fan. Should also still be enough space to add the ac condenser. The oil cooler will live in front of it all at the bottom, behind the air intakes in the front air dam.

2u7my4z.jpg

14bkejb.jpg

1z3w5fk.jpg

2re42yv.jpg

zy7iww.jpg

2whp8ok.jpg

1564h04.jpg

24ybiuc.jpg

sg30vq.jpg

I have some pictures if you'd like. I decided to run to Nissan ECU's, and still deciding on the transmission, I have a AMG55, a Hemi v8 (with a MB M104 V12 bell housing, and a 1997 S60, and a T56 Magnum. I have enough space to run radiator and electric fans, and most of the engine is behind the strut towers (maybe a foot over). I have Gt500 14" disc's on the front and BMW 330mm vented on the back, also have brembo's from the newer Mercedes S600. I am running a R200 VLSD for now with 3.57:1 i think, 18"x9.5" wheels.

https://www.instagram.com/mdccode51...DJ6QoTV9-_9KQQVxnVFj8I9BY3L5RVGJR-J-yq4pUOFDM

BwmuttOhPEM

Bwmu91sB6Op

BwmvI03hU5s

BwmuXGDh8jg

I installed a Mercedes S600 V12 M120 in my 240z I have some pictures if you'd like. I decided to run to Nissan ECU's, and still deciding on the transmission, I have a AMG55, a Hemi v8 (with a MB M104 V12 bell housing, and a 1997 S600, and a T56 Magnum. I have enough space to run radiator and electric fans, and most of the engine is behind the strut towers (maybe a foot over). I have Gt500 14" disc's on the front and BMW 330mm vented on the back, also have brembo's from the newer Mercedes S600. I am running a R200 VLSD for now with 3.57:1 i think, 18"x9.5" wheels. It looks like we did the mounts the same, also not to make you jealous, but the oil pan exactly fit the contour of the crossmember.

https://www.instagram.com/mdccode51...DJ6QoTV9-_9KQQVxnVFj8I9BY3L5RVGJR-J-yq4pUOFDM

BwmuttOhPEM

BwmvI03hU5s

BwmuXGDh8jg

Thanks everyone!

I have some pictures if you'd like. I decided to run to Nissan ECU's, and still deciding on the transmission, I have a AMG55, a Hemi v8 (with a MB M104 V12 bell housing, and a 1997 S60, and a T56 Magnum. I have enough space to run radiator and electric fans, and most of the engine is behind the strut towers (maybe a foot over). I have Gt500 14" disc's on the front and BMW 330mm vented on the back, also have brembo's from the newer Mercedes S600. I am running a R200 VLSD for now with 3.57:1 i think, 18"x9.5" wheels.

I installed a Mercedes S600 V12 M120 in my 240z I have some pictures if you'd like. I decided to run to Nissan ECU's, and still deciding on the transmission, I have a AMG55, a Hemi v8 (with a MB M104 V12 bell housing, and a 1997 S600, and a T56 Magnum. I have enough space to run radiator and electric fans, and most of the engine is behind the strut towers (maybe a foot over). I have Gt500 14" disc's on the front and BMW 330mm vented on the back, also have brembo's from the newer Mercedes S600. I am running a R200 VLSD for now with 3.57:1 i think, 18"x9.5" wheels. It looks like we did the mounts the same, also not to make you jealous, but the oil pan exactly fit the contour of the crossmember.

Looks like fun too! Manual trans would be cool of course, but a lot of work to do.

Sander I'm eager to see/listen to this one!

Me too! Although I hope it'll be any time soon.

I didn't do anything to the car the last 2 months, mainly because the summer season is the high season at work and I'm building a CNC plasma cutting machine as a sort of in between project to make my life a bit easier. I have so many brackets and levers etc to fabricate for the intake and other stuff on the car that it would be nice to automate it. On that I did make progress. Once that's done, I'll continue with the car again.

25i14sm.jpg

x0zkaa.jpg

214791d.jpg

ezpd1h.jpg

15xlfgg.jpg

1zee15i.jpg

jj1weu.jpg

2cz359j.jpg

2vwdxc2.jpg

2wqde0l.jpg

2mcqxl.jpg

sux5qf.jpg

288pa39.jpg

2ceosgh.jpg

2hxsvbm.jpg

I mean, it's not a car update, but I guess we can let this little side projekt slide as progress ;-)

Looks great! Can understand the desire for automation :cool:

All pictures were dead in this thread thanks to tinypic stopping... I'm almost caught up again with re-uploading everything and editing every post I've made. I'kll continue later. In the meantime, it lives! Well, sort off. Basically all the hardware is done. Finishing up all the settings etc in the software and then it's time to test it. After that I'll clean up the wiring.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pWUYuEOfCw0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Looks fantastic!

But dang if I wouldn't be wary of those chinese eBay special firework Trafos you put in there :-X The fans they come with on average don't last 40 hours and I had a unit blow out on my 3d printer and take my beautiful and expensive 32bit controller with it... Otherwise I've had a failure rate of about 60% and usually needed to replace a dead unit every 6-10 months (150-300 Hours).

About a year ago I bought some Meanwells and am pretty darn happy with the build quality.

Looks fantastic!

But dang if I wouldn't be wary of those chinese eBay special firework Trafos you put in there :-X The fans they come with on average don't last 40 hours and I had a unit blow out on my 3d printer and take my beautiful and expensive 32bit controller with it... Otherwise I've had a failure rate of about 60% and usually needed to replace a dead unit every 6-10 months (150-300 Hours).

About a year ago I bought some Meanwells and am pretty darn happy with the build quality.
Thanks for the heads-up! All the expensive stuff is powered by Meanwells, just the (cheap) servo drivers run off of those power supplies and they are optically isolated from the controller. I'll definitely replace them with something better should one go though. Meanwhile, it lives! I have a few things to still work out and then get it all dialed in and figure out the proper feed rate/amperage/air pressure/cutting height for the materials I'll cut with it, but one of the first things will be all the throttle linkage bits for the 12 itbs. Me not wanting to cut out all those things by hand kinda snowballed into this thing here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gBmlqq2y9vQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All your pictures are gone.

2u7my4z.jpg

14bkejb.jpg

1z3w5fk.jpg

2re42yv.jpg

zy7iww.jpg

2whp8ok.jpg

1564h04.jpg

24ybiuc.jpg

sg30vq.jpg

Finally made a bit of progress on the car. Painted the plasma cutter, it's now working pretty well. Just not too happy with the torch yet, so a better one is on the way. I then put it to work on the things originally made it for, making tons of little lever arms for the itbs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1_QcvWenNTQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also made the velocity stacks for the intake (apologies for the vertical video, I wasn't filming it myself).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jctmKEWL9lA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
:omg:

Holy Sh!t, that last picture though...Very impressive what you're doing, I still cannot wait to hear this thing roar!

Back