• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

well, per the chip tuning thread, this car has found a temporary purpose in life as a cok...err test mule for LH stuff.

fixed the exhaust last night.. well sort of. the resonator was blown away on both ends, so I stuffed my spare resonator on the car. the over-the axle pipe was... not off a turbo car and I'm not sure it was even originally a volvo piece. it's awful as well as tiny.

so I reckon i'll start piecing together the stuff for a 2.5 inch system.

Took it to the track just for S&G's.

14.5 @... Well I don't know, the mph was wrong. says 30.35.

1/8th time of 9.2@73.88, so ~ mid 90's trap speed would be be close if not a little generous.

Track forum:
whatever boost it was set at
pump gas
street tires at ? psi (didn't/havent touched em since I bought the car. some 195/65/15 bs)
Mike's chips
exhaust unbolted at the downpipe (exhaust fully connected.. with the 1.5 inch over axle pipe: 16.1 with a 2.3 60')

and that's it. with the slicks, hell it'da been real close to a 13 second pass, coulda stalled it up past about 4psi.

never did get the guy with the automatic GSX to line em up, I'da liked pissing all over his 15 second ride :-D

pic of the slip. Got hosed by a bike (big surprise there)

133103498.jpg

yes, sadly, complete with locker room smell.

I'm about to run to HD, so maybe it'll have a cow **** smell next time (buying processed manure for the garden)

averaged 17mpg on the last tank of gas, including the trip to the track, this is ~ 3mpg better than stock chips at the same boost. Not great, but the car is primarily driven a mile and a half at a time, so the econ is going to blow ass anyway.

did some PM on this yesterday (Despite the gale force winds blowing oil every ****ing where), checked the a/c system, lamented the apparently leaking cam seal (And possibly other front engine seals), checked the breather system and cleaned the elbow. need to make sure it's not clogged at the turbo inlet hose.

the 'consumption' has gotten worse, so I'll probably be doing the t-belt/wp/front seals and taking a hard look at the turbo next oil change (heh, so, july :-D )

a/c system is a mixed bag of good and bad. it is fully charged, that's a good. the compressor is beat to hell and substantially more difficult to turn than the low mileage unit I picked up, so it's gotta get opened up. ordered a VOV and a new dryer, so I'll get it pumped out, flush the system, replace those items, and hopefully rock it out cold style.

meh, it appears to have a full charge of 134, as evidenced by the ester oil and **** that sprayed me in the face when I was trying to check the system.

So I guess I should do just fine with a 15G and I don't really need an even bigger turbo like many folks would have me believe. I am noticing though that the squirter equipped engines do seem to run harder. I think it's because they can get away with more boost and more timing before detonation sets in. I want a 93-95 Brick now. That way I'll have a G80 too!
Regards, Eric

Depends on your goals. technically none of us *needs* a bigger turbo :-D they're just so much fun

Back