• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 If No Start Check Crank Position Sensor

MSGGrunt

I had the very common no start issue that just came out of the blue. I jumped fuse 4 and 6 and confirmed the main fuel pump worked and I confirmed I had fuel at the fuel rail, I had spark, swapped in a known working coil, ignition control module and fuel pump relay and still nothing. Finally I unplugged the crank position sensor, plugged it back in and all of a sudden the car fired right up. I assume there must be a short somewhere in it and will be ordering a new one so I won't be stranded somewhere other than my driveway. Thankfully this happened in my garage. I have a parts car that I tried to take one off, but it was stuck in the mounting hole.

Any suggestings on getting one of these out if it is being stubborn?

It was the most pristine of my cars, the 90,000 mile Texas car. I ended up buying a Bougicord piece from FCP Euro.

I hope it comes out easier than the one I was trying to remove from my parts car. That one was stuck in but good and I didn't dare prying on it too hard. Maybe a bit of penetrating fluid sprayed on the old sensor would not be a bad idea.

Yes absolutely start spraying with penetrating fluid! Let the car idle for a while and spray with some more, the heat will help it work it's way in.

DO NOT get a long screw driver and hammer and try and "tap" it sideways to break it free, that's a very good way to break the mounting tab...ask me how I know

Back