• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adding in heated seats

vwblue1967

I found a good set of heated seats (well a nice set of used 240 seats) to swap in my 93 240. I could try to fix my AC but id rather have heated seats to I can really be miserable. I have the switches and the harness that connects the switches. I found that the switch harness has a connector on the driver side of the console near the flasher relay.

I wasn't sure it the 240's were pre-wired for everything but does anyone know if the harness that goes from the plug towards the dash, is tucked away under the carpet or dash somewhere? The set up is pretty simple and it wouldn't be hard to make a new harness but if I can find the original harness to complete the setup I would rather do that.

its pretty simple....one power wire from fuse 13 to the driver switch that then runs to the pass side, a ground wire that connects to both seats and switches and each seat getting a hot wire from the switch once turned on. I was just wondering why the power wire didn't go to a connection that then spread out to the switches and seats. instead the connections go from the switches to the connector then under the dash and back to the seats.

If anyone has done this and found the remaining part of the harness please let me know where its hiding..thanks

Those are very helpful but I was trying to find out if the harness that connects to the fuse panel is in place without having the heated seats from the factory. The diagrams show a simplified version of how they hook up. The car I pulled the seats from have a small harness that hooked to the switches then there were two more harnesses coming from the dash (one for each seat).

I'll probably just make one...it's probably easier than digging for one that may not be there.

There's a '93 240 greenbook at volvowiringdiagrams too - it has a little more detail. If it's factory wired, I'd expect the connectors to be nearby where they need to go. Pull the handbrake console and some carpeting then poke around.

Back