home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 10-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #76
littlesnides
Board Member

Anyone know where to get a sunroof seal for the 7/9?
littlesnides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #77
spiffy926
Board Member

We should definitely add Jorgen auto for re-manufactured steering racks.
They make it easy, because you don't need to know if it is a cam, trw, or otherwise. They just offer rebuilt units (could be any of the available types) with the correct adapters so you know it will fit. Plus I've heard they have a great no b/s lifetime warranty, and they gave me a deal with $30 shipping which includes a return label for the core ($150 core charge).
They quoted me 2-3 day shipping (I'm in Mass.) And the rack its self was reasonably priced.
spiffy926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #78
brickyard240

Thumbs up Factory Volvo Parts

Hey everyone! www.MySwedishParts.com wants to offer any turbobricks member a 10% discount on genuine Volvo parts. Just use the promo code "turbobricks" during checkout. Also, they sell custom fit rubber mats for 240 242 244 245 700 and 900 starting at $66.00.
brickyard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #79
John V, outside agitator
Board Member

Quote:
Please add http://www.lampsandlenses.com/ for aftermarket volvo lights
Dead link...

That's important...

--> CALL (206) 431-9696<----

www.rallyrace.net/jvab

www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

"When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: 'Whose?'"
— Don Marquis
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #80
lifeofgold
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyard240 View Post
Hey everyone! www.MySwedishParts.com wants to offer any turbobricks member a 10% discount on genuine Volvo parts. Just use the promo code "turbobricks" during checkout. Also, they sell custom fit rubber mats for 240 242 244 245 700 and 900 starting at $66.00.
Hey!, What a "Bargain"!? 10% off of twice the price......
lifeofgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:54 AM   #81

I don't buy much at real Volvo parts stores. As I don't like many brands for example I have some very bad experience with some Scantech stuff. I also don't buy much at the dealer, except some interior parts.

Engine i will go to Bosch, they still deliver very much for our old beloved cars. I bought last week 4 new injectors, as 2 were leaking. The dealer asks 240 euro for one. I now payed 180 euro original Bosch for all 4. 49 euro each minus 16 euro rabatt.

Front suspension I always get myself Lemforder/Mehle and Moog, never had any problems with Moog.

Gasoline/vacuum hoses, never buy them from Volvo. As they think they are made from gold. Just go to your local hydraulic store, around here we have Pirtek. All hydraulics lines can take fuel, I also use them for vacuum lines. Then its only 4 euro/meter instead of 35 euro at the dealer.

Brakes is always Bosch/TRW/Brembo on my vehicles. Once made the failure to put Scantech discs on the car. Within 2 months the car started shaking. Had a very hard time to bring them back. As they sad i drove through the water. Well so? That is what cars do and that is what disc brakes should handle. Never and I say never had this problem with Bosch discs. You can drive like ass and stop in the river with your discs below the waterline and then continue your ride and they will be all fine.

Can make 740 list if someone like, changed almost every part of my front suspension. Even Sachs, original supplier, still delivers everything. Much more comfortable then Monroe.
745876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #82
sjulier
Board Member

Gengras Volvo - my local Volvo dealer. Incredible service, gets GCP from Sweden far faster than Tasca. Perhaps my best resource. Loves 240's. Honors VCOA Card, matches Tasca prices. No restocking charge.
FCPEuro: Excellent service, quick shipping. Incredible returns policy.
Boston Village Volvo Parts: ps://www.volvovillageparts.com/. Very helpful. Excellent service.
Tasca: http://www.tascaparts.com/ Very helpful. I have never had a problem.
AutohausAZ: Ate rotors, Ate SL Dot 4 brake fluid, Febi CHF 11s, 202. Love the rotors. Excellent prices.
IPD: Great people but high shipping cost for me.
Rockauto: Gates hoses, Gates belts, oil and air filters, NGK plugs, rotor, cap, NGK wire set.

Gates are my favorite belts - the quietest so far. NGK BPR6EGP 7084 plugs best so far, much better than basic Bosch copper. Love the Ate rotors, Made in Italy stamped on them.

Our rides: 93 240 Classic Wagon, 119k; 93 240 Classic Sedan, 133k; 07 V70 2.4 158k.
sjulier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:21 AM   #83
84B23F
Board Member

"Volvo Car USA and SimplePart have recently launched the official Volvo USA Parts & Accessories program, now making it easier than ever for Volvo owners and enthusiasts to browse and shop for OEM Volvo products online. The national site connects users to the full, up-to-date catalog, then allows them to complete their order with their nearest participating dealer. And with more dealers joining the program daily, the genuine parts, accessories or gear that owners need are usually just a few clicks (or miles) away. "

Website here
84B23F is offline   Reply With Quote