• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 What blower motor to get?

Correct Part, direct fit, no adapters needed.
AC Delco 15-8697
GM# 52472505
fits 88-02
Camaro, Cavalier, Firebird, Cutlass, Grand Prix, and Lumina.

Oh wow, thank you! I found a couple NOS Delco ones on eBay, I'll grab one of those!

Well dang it - I got the motor in the but connector is wrong. Need to find the plug and build and adapter - but I’ll need to make sure this thing fits at all first I guess - it looks the same for most part. The plug on the Volvo one is square, and the one I just got is oval-ish.

Did you check the fit of the plug before giving up on it?

Not yet - going to check fit tonight but I?m 90% sure the motor will fit but the plug won?t:

uMdXQlnl.png

What I got:

CPPFgggl.jpg

The bottom picture is what I'm running. But I'm not using the OE connector because I bypassed the blower speed controller using a GM connector. The short OE connector harness has a solid wire wound resistor built in.

The bottom picture is what I'm running. But I'm not using the OE connector because I bypassed the blower speed controller using a GM connector. The short OE connector harness has a solid wire wound resistor built in.

Ah okay! I’ll find a connector in a GM car and solder together an adapter.

Thanks again for all the help!

EDIT: just curious, are you saying there’s a resistor built into the Volvo motor that’s not on my new GM one?

Last edited:
Back