• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MAD740 Turbo Cruiser Project.

Australian road rules are so stupid with regards to modifications.

YLD244 has been defected for:

- non factory wheels
- worn tires
- non factory sparco race seats
- no H pattern on gear knob
- pod filter
- catch can
- engine management system
- steering wheel not factory

cops are retards in this area.

Hi

Cops are retards where ever you go. The thing with you 244 is it stand out. If you had a cokie cutter car like a comadore or a ford you would be a little less of a stand out

My 740 was bought to attention of the head of local police dept when I owned it. And I was told that people where talking about it on a local forum.

Nice work on the 740 turbo is it a auto or a manual

George

Marc, u are one of the 1% of all members here who do things properly! I love that home made air compressor, was it your idea or ur dads? And where are the skid pics?:)

Hi

Cops are retards where ever you go. The thing with you 244 is it stand out. If you had a cokie cutter car like a comadore or a ford you would be a little less of a stand out

My 740 was bought to attention of the head of local police dept when I owned it. And I was told that people where talking about it on a local forum.

Nice work on the 740 turbo is it a auto or a manual

George

It's an auto, if you are in a commodore and it's dead stock they will defect the living hell out of you actually, in the city at least, I know plenty of people with Falcodores that get pulled over often in a STOCK car let alone modded and my 760 hasn't been pulled up for any roadworthy issues. Marc's done some silly things that have caused attention to be brought to him.

Well today I fixed the annoying Coolant leak that i thought was coming from the #4 welsh plug on the intake side.
After removing the breather box I could see that the welsh plug was actually ok. The leak was actually coming from the heater hose connection tube on the head. The heater hose was rock hard, and the fitting corrded.

So i'm very happy was an easy fix! i just cleaned up all the corrosion with emery cloth, and fitted a new hose, so i used some Pirtek MPH i had lying around.
I cleaned up all the mess that the leak had made, then filled it up with fresh Coolant, and all is good now.

total cost of fix was $9 for fresh coolant from Woolworths.

oh well at least i have some new spare welsh plugs if i need them now!

Door pockets

Door Pockets appear to be quite weak on 700's so i decided to fix that issue. My drivers one was already cracked in many places so i glued that up.
Then on the back I cut up a sheet of 3mm Perspex and the SikaFlexed it to the door pocket.

This made the whole door pocket SO much stronger, and will prevent it breaking in the future.

Here are the pics:

All cleaned up:

MAD740_046.jpg

Perspex cut and in place:

MAD740_047.jpg

Glued in with Sikaflex and paper peeled off, ready for another 20 years of life:

MAD740_049.jpg

That's a pretty good idea, I might need to do that on my wagon at some point

Today i pulled the front bar off so i could start working on the spoiler.

I found this ugly hole that someone had cut to get more airflow to the air intake:

MAD740_054.jpg

I couldn't have this, so i decided to take care of it the best way i know how.
I used a carbide Burr on the die grinder and reshaped the ugly hole.
Didnt take very long at all, but it did make a mess!!
I had to remove quite a bit of material.

marked out with paint pen:

MAD740_055.jpg

Done with the grinding:

MAD740_056.jpg

Painted with Acrylic Satin Black:

MAD740_058.jpg

MAD740_057.jpg

Almost looks Factory now. Very happy with the result of this afternoons work.

oh, i Also Degreased the whole undercarriage and cleaned the front Hydras inside and out. then i polished and Waxed them.

spoiler done

I finished spraying the spoiler this afternoon. Came out sweet.
Considering how badly damaged and stone chipped it was before, it is now like new.

here are the pics:

Before:

MAD740_052.jpg

MAD740_051.jpg

Prepped and ready for primer. the shiny black bits are the bare plastic with flexi Prime adhesion promoter:

MAD740_062.jpg

MAD740_061.jpg

MAD740_060.jpg

MAD740_059.jpg

Primed and high filled:

MAD740_065.jpg

MAD740_064.jpg

MAD740_068.jpg

All done:
MAD740_069.jpg

MAD740_070-1.jpg

Im very happy with the result. I will post pics once i have it fitted to the car.

Sill Panel

Its amazing the difference a bit of paint can make.
This small job has completely transformed the car, makes it look so much more cleaner.

Before:
MAD740_071.jpg

After some acrylic satin black:
MAD740_073.jpg

Its amazing the difference a bit of paint can make.
This small job has completely transformed the car, makes it look so much more cleaner.

Before:
MAD740_071.jpg

After some acrylic satin black:
MAD740_073.jpg

I know first hand what a little.... maybe alot of paint can do to an appearance of a car here's what i had to work with
this before i did anything to mine.

after

interior

Interior cleaning process finally completed!
amazing what a little elbow grease can do. Of particular note is the door frames and hinges. 20yr old grease was a bit of work to clean off.

Seats were thirsty and absorbed a lot of Meguiars leather conditioner. The instructions on the bottle were bullcrap, it said to apply a small amount on a cloth. That method did jack. So I just squirted the bottle all over the seats and massaged it all in. Looked creamy for the 5 minutes then it all disappeared! The leather is so nice and soft now.

I also pulled the dash apart and fixed a lot of the wiring that had been played with in the past. All good now.

here are the pics:

MAD740_084.jpg

MAD740_085.jpg

MAD740_087.jpg

MAD740_088.jpg

MAD740_090.jpg

MAD740_091.jpg

Carpet cleaner also worked really well, took ages to dry, but thats cause i put heaps on. really Foamy stuff, and contains scotchguard, so it should protect them in the future.

Marc- Your Volvos are absolutely stunning, a great example of how time and effort pays off! Really nice work man!

Back