• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm a sick, sick man...

Any update on this car?
Scotty, you have a bad habit. You should just PM people to ask if they have an update, because you always get me excited in millions of threads I'm subscribed to. Then, when I look at the thread, it's just you asking, and there's nothing to actually be excited about! JEEZ :lol:

Man what I would give for a 965.
Good find and good work cleaning her up.
Keep her happy and she'll keep you happy.

Nah, relegated to daily driver status for my wife.

Going to replace the control arm bushings and maybe some other suspension stuff this spring/summer.

Got a TON of stuff to do this spring/summer. Might sell it later on and let the Missus drive the 855 after I get the motor replaced... yeah, it's on the list for the spring/summer too. :lol:

Scotty, you have a bad habit. You should just PM people to ask if they have an update, because you always get me excited in millions of threads I'm subscribed to. Then, when I look at the thread, it's just you asking, and there's nothing to actually be excited about! JEEZ :lol:

:)

Update:
She's been called back into service recently so I've done some things over the past few months that I'd forgotten to post.

Ride was bad, had some weird noises so I assumed the shocks/struts were bad. Replaced those with brand new units. Car still did funky things in the front. Turns out the cheap-o bushes I'd put in the front control arms a few years ago were completely toast. V90 front control arms were sourced at the Pull-A-Part. Bushes looked perfect and these arms are cast aluminum vs the cast iron originals, SOOO much lighter. I think I can feel the difference.

Tires on the Cetus wheels were in bad shape, running on bad control arms will do that. So I grabbed the Hydras off my 9 and put them on. They really fill the wells and make the car feel wider and more stable. The tires are kinda ****ty though so I'll be finding a set soon.

Since I've had the car it's had a CE light for different reasons. Pulled the codes and found the main culprit was the MAF. Searched and finally found one at the local Pull-A-Part. Got lucky and it works like a champ.

For the first time since we've owned the car (5 years ?!?!) the CE isn't lit. Car runs amazing, so smooooth!

I think some of the bushes need replacing as the ride is a bit bumpy, but that might be the tires.

Also getting a rumble from the driveshaft sometimes so I'll be looking into that soon too.

Almost forgot - found a GREAT set of dark grey door panels at PAP from a V90. Grabbed the GORGEOUS dark grey with light-grey piping seat skins and will set about recovering my seats before long. Someone had already grabbed the seat bottoms from the rear so I'll have to source those along the way, but it's the least of my worries. The front seats in my car look tired, these skins are like new. Picked up the seatbelt receivers too, mine are in sad shape.

Last edited:
Door panels:

Old -
f77713dd.jpg

New -
eba4d5d5.jpg

Stance?
8fa81e60.jpg

Head gasket blew on this one. Much deliberation and I decided to part it out. The tranny, and some other bits, are going to my son's 95 964. Other bits will be for sale soon.

I guess I didn't take too many...

There was a bit of rubbing, but you could really feel the difference in handling/cornering.

Back