• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Resurfacing flywheel, what specs?

okoye

dog dish in my '94 960 turbo putting in a clutchnet disc and I want to know what specs I should tell the machine shop to resurface it to.

The Clutchnet disc will most likely be thicker than a stock Volvo disc. Make sure to take that into account also.

babbs told me to get 2mm shims for the pressure plate so I went out and bought those. But I figure they're taking material out of the center but not the top?

awesome! one more question. Do I need to remove the shifter to get the transmission out? I've seen some people say yes and some say it can be dragged along the tunnel.

It's much easier if you remove it. I've bent the shifter before trying to be lazy.

I got the trans out of the car without taking the shifter out/off. Will try to get the rod that holds the actual gear stick loose as the car was sitting for a while and trying to get anything loose is a pain.

Get rid of the dogdish

It's only a daily driver. If I were going to redo the exhaust then I'd just m90 swap it at the same time. It's going into my 960 turbo. My 940se has the lightweight flywheel and m90 setup currently.

Back