• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

maf contingency plan

dirtbag240

so seems like the maf on my 89 245 has died, and i lucked out and found one from a 89 240 for sale near me , but if and when the "new" one craps out, what is the replacement because as i hear it these things are becoming harder and harder to come by

FCP used to list the Bosch reman ones, but I don't see it there now. I bought one of the blue box Volvo brand ones from FCP and returned it after I saw what it looked like. The box said Made in China and it looked like a cheap copy. It wasn't like the original AMM housing, it was aftermarket looking. There was no arrow on the housing to indicate air flow direction. I didn't test it....I returned it based on appearance alone.

I bought mine maybe 4 months ago, as a reman, came in a Bosch box and it looked just like the original except cleaner, I actually still have it here because my lazy ass didn't return the core yet. I sold the car 3 moths ago and gave them the receipts but heres the box I got

o2sSnntl.jpg

I don't know why they wouldn't have them anymore, but I would call them, they had them recently.

Back