• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2001 V70 Superturbo build

Please give us your youtube channel so we can subscribe and watch this build.
I will when work begins and there is video up. Early stuff will bore you it's gonna just basically be how to tear down and rebuild the engine. Only thing special will be the billet internals but still the same process.

For a supercharger- look up sprintex for say a 3.0l Jeep. Add in some, maybe 4-6, laminova intercooler cores, design and machine an end cap that runs the cores in series>parallel. Design it so the cores are at the mid point of the system, reservoir at the high point. That makes it easy to burp.

The sprintex blowers are a twin scew style lysholm supercharger. Their efficiency is probably the highest you?ll find in a positive displacement charger.

Laminova intercooler cores offer the highest efficiency of air>liquid heat exchangers.

Wow THANKS ALLOT that is the kind of info I was looking for. Definitely have to fabricate the mounting but it looks like it's just what I was looking for. The G60 vw supercharger was not a bad idea but this is more like what I want.

How'd I miss this thread.

I think an easier path is picking up T5 P1 car with a 6MT. Do a turbo swap, intercooler, full exhaust and get a Hilton tune. It'll be plenty fast and a lot simpler to deal with.

Why is every single post from OP a novel?

Also, if you can convert a FWD chassis to RWD, you should be able to select a properly sized supercharger and make it fit no matter what.

sorry I like to make sure I am clear in what I say especially after the way some things have been taken here.

I figure I already have this why spend extra cash on another to modify. If nothing else do the engine work if the chassis proves too much to deal with then find a RWD that someone already yanked the engine from and drop it in that.

Considering the Amount of time and money you're going to end up putting into this thing to make it RWD, you are better off just buying a different car.

In the end that will save you dozens of hours and thousands of dollars

I will when work begins and there is video up. Early stuff will bore you it's gonna just basically be how to tear down and rebuild the engine. Only thing special will be the billet internals but still the same process.

Could be educational if you know what you're doing... to date, how many engines have you rebuilt?

It's a billet one piece 5 cylinder engine dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For you and T8fanning. No it's not one piece nor billet. but volvo does not use a head gasket on this engine they use an anaerobic sealant applied very thin. I'm pretty sure OEM parts are mostly forged internals in volvo's and cast block. The fact your trying to poke fun at me saying it doesn't have a head gasket, when it doesn't, makes me wonder why your even here.

ya could've had an V8

yeah like everyone else. But guess what I'm not like everyone else. Besides everything I could do with that has been done hundreds of thousands of times over and honestly it would be allot easier too. I want a challenge a learning experience and something that's just not found around here.

For you and T8fanning. No it's not one piece nor billet. but volvo does not use a head gasket on this engine they use an anaerobic sealant applied very thin. I'm pretty sure OEM parts are mostly forged internals in volvo's and cast block. The fact your trying to poke fun at me saying it doesn't have a head gasket, when it doesn't, makes me wonder why your even here.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just opened up the Whiteblock from my son's 1999 S70 AWD and WTF!!! I'll have to contact Volvo cause they mistakenly put a head gasket in that engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn`t read most of this thread. But this post made me LOL. I`m gonna have to go back and read it.

As an expert Volvo tech, I`m telling you, you`re wrong. There is a head gasket.

There is anaerobic sealant between the two halves of the cam cover though.

You should probably stop talking.

How'd I miss this thread.

I think an easier path is picking up T5 P1 car with a 6MT. Do a turbo swap, intercooler, full exhaust and get a Hilton tune. It'll be plenty fast and a lot simpler to deal with.

You guys have nearly convinced me to switch this around maybe drive the R I'm getting while I rebuild the 2.4t but keep it stock then upgrade the R instead once the 2.4t is back on the road. Would that appease you? question directed at everyone else not OVLOV since you just got here.

this bread just gets better and better

idk what's more unreliable: an 01-02 volvo auto transmission or a 15 year old R that has had it's pedal to the floor all its life

Back