• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

chinese m46 short shifter

From a price standpoint that's pretty tough to beat. Bronze bushings alone are ~$60. I'd be concerned on the quality, but you can order one and find out for us. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm thinking about doing just that. I was thinking maybe putting the factory bend in it might help also.

Yeah I'm thinking about doing just that. I was thinking maybe putting the factory bend in it might help also.

There was a thread about this same exact shifter a while ago. A few people said while it was effective in shortening the shifter distances, it rattled like crazy.

As mentioned before, it works fine. It has zero setback, so you have to heat the steel shaft and bend it just above the pivot ball so you don't punch through the center console when shifting.
The reverse lockout rattles like crazy. Replacing the metal bushings with Igus bushings or delrin, or making the entire slider out of plastic would be a big step towards sanity.

Shifts well, reduced throws.

Last edited:
So the bronze bushings cause the rattle on that shifter? Would it make the stock shifter rattle? I think I'm due for a bushing replacement.

So the bronze bushings cause the rattle on that shifter? Would it make the stock shifter rattle? I think I'm due for a bushing replacement.

The reverse lockout (anodized blue part) rattles a lot.
The bronze bushings won?t work with a stock shifter as the pivot ball diameters are different.

Back