home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 11-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #51
cosbySweater
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
Don't worry. when the rest of us die, Mogly might be able to finally catch up to where folks were a decade ago in the redblock game.
Hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #52
doucheNozzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogly View Post
600hp redblock
What are your specs?

'00 XC70 SE - Slow
'04 V70 T5A - Feels Fast
doucheNozzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #53
doucheNozzle

Quote:
not an ls.
So 93 block and a conical 15g and it feels fast so therefore it’s 600hp?
Old 11-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #54
Rich Halsey
Board Member

Quote:
I could take my 600hp redblock and pull any ls, 2gayZ at the same power level no doubt.
Let me guess....you’re a roll racer right? Lol
Rich Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #55
2turbotoys
Salaminizer

"Because its cheap and lazy that's why. Like who doesn't know they make good power?"
Why is making good power with a good motor a problem for you?

"More then half of the people on here can't even afford a good turbo."
So what? What is your point? I can afford any turbo I want and so can many others here

"Yeah I love redblocks. They do make power, I could take my 600hp redblock and pull any ls, 2gayZ at the same power level no doubt.
To each their own, we all do what we please."
Exactly, we have all loved redblocks at some point, but whatever., there are much better ways to make big power. Prove this 600 hp, Mr. 280hp Regina, looks like you are a bit short. If we all do what we please why are you such a little bitch about people using LS motors, your just trolling on a thread about a really sweet car, jealous, bored, what is your problem?
2turbotoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:43 PM   #56
Texas240
Prius Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbySweater View Post
God dam that's cheap as hell
Thats really cheap. Thats what I paid for my 04 5.3 with everything with 104K miles on it. I wish this was around 2 years ago.

So I romp on my ls all day long, forget that its in 3rd gear the whole time, its only like ambient 102º outside and I still cant get the ****er to over heat. I must be doing something wrong with my ls. I think I'll go back to my super reliable lh2.4 with the occasional crank sensor signal loss that takes forever to get out in a 240. SMH!!!!
Old 11-19-2018, 02:57 AM   #57
cosbySweater
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Halsey View Post
Lol
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #58
Pillow
Sleazebag 7-9 Owner

Quote:
Because its cheap and lazy that's why. Like who doesn't know they make good power?
More then half of the people on here can't even afford a good turbo.
Again this is all relative for cost, but I expect most swaps are in the 3-6k range. Probably+ if you are big turbo, built trans, and dual fuel pumps... +Ford 8.8 rear eventually.

The engines are cheap... It is all the other junk that adds up.
#79WDP
2006 XC70 Wagon - "Chuck Feo" - Daughters ride - stock
1992 965 - "Savage Wagon" w LS 5.3 LM7 + LS7 cam + GM T5 swap in progress.
1983 Jeep Cherokee - LS 5.3 LM7 + LS9 cam + SM465 swap in progress
1971 Chevy C-10 w 5.3 LS (LS2 cam) & GM T5 trans
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #59
Marvelous3
Who engineered this?

Quote:
Because its cheap and lazy that's why. Like who doesn't know they make good power?
More then half of the people on here can't even afford a good turbo.
Yeah I love redblocks. They do make power, I could take my 600hp redblock and pull any ls, 2gayZ at the same power level no doubt.
To each their own, we all do what we please. Some people build ls swapped everything, while there's people putting k20s I'm everything and I'm stuck over here on this redblock Chet.
What are the build specs on this 600hp redblock you speak of? And what trans?

1990 240dl Kaplhenke Coilover Daily
1991 245+16 Valve Turbo Microsquirt
Need Hyundai or Genesis parts? PM me for Genuine Hyundai or Genesis parts

Last edited by Marvelous3; 11-19-2018 at 01:26 PM..
Marvelous3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #60
CAPT_BLOTTO
#Crush It

Mogly is still trying to break 300 bhp with his blow through carb.

Junkyard Parts request thread!
Mesquite FB page! Constant updates!

Da Yellow Sold | $800 245 | 77 244
CAPT_BLOTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #61
JohnMc
PV Abuser

If you can make 300, you can make 600. Just double the boost.
'93 245 16VT Classic #1141
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #62
doucheNozzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
If you can make 300, you can make 600. Just double the boost.
Can I make 1200?
Old 11-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #63
mikep
The MP

Quote:
Dosnt matter what you think linuxman or say. Fawking the cheby ls engine.
Quote:
Fawking LS bullsh¡t.
Quote:
Cheby Cheby Cheby LSswap
Quote:
2gayZ
This is not OT (stop skirting the filter, stop bashing), and what's with the childish "gay" stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT_BLOTTO View Post
Mogly is still trying to break 2 DAY BAN with his blow through carb.
Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240240 View Post
You should beat up the cat with a cheeseburger in your mouth to assert dominance
mikep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #64
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep View Post
This is not OT (stop skirting the filter, stop bashing), and what's with the childish "gay" stuff?

Fixed.
I dont even think childish is the right way to look at it... more like casual bigotry and homophobia.
Originally Posted by DarkKratoz View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
blkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #65
Mogly
280WHP Regina

Hey guys, my fault I crossed the line and shouldn't have been so (bigorty, homophobic) childish, this is a community not a hate forum. My apologies.

Yeah I'm late to the redblock game, I know that. We all are, people been pushing 700hp out of redblocks since the 80s.
My last set setup was basic, sealed b230f, agp 56mm turbo at 28psi, 25°timimg, dual 310lph pumps on stock hanger -8 fuel lines, ems and missing a lot of other things, that thing Dynoed 403whp on them pepboys dyno day. After about 50 pulls and daily driving I was having issues with the head gasket pushing out on cylinder#3.
That was probably because of my tuning abilities and out dated ems which is the wolf ems.

I currently refreshing this setup with, h beam rods, na pistons milled 1mm, ARP head bolts, cometic MLS head gasket, o ringed block, knife edge crack, equal length turbo manifold, s262 or 6258 efr, d plenum intake manifold.
Redoing the ems with a more up to date system. This is the plan for 600hp.
I didn't mean to claim 600hp just got excited and I did, that's a lie. My engine isn't even together yet.
Transmission is th350, started slipping, my aw71 didn't ever slip it would just brake.
Will post it up once it's all together.

Last edited by Mogly; 11-22-2018 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Typo
Mogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #66
VB242
Mojo Stealer

Didn't Nathan split his redblock at 568whp? He went 2JZ after that. You may be limited by metallurgy and physics.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #67
RvolvoR
Master Troublestarter

Quote:
Hey guys, my fault I crossed the line and shouldn't have been so (bigorty, homophobic) childish, this is a community not a hate forum. My apologies.

Yeah I'm late to the redblock game, I know that. We all are, people been pushing 700hp out of redblocks since the 80s.
My last set setup was basic, sealed b230f, agp 56mm turbo at 28psi, 25°timimg, dual 310lph pumps on stock hanger -8 fuel lines, ems and missing a lot of other things, that thing Dynoed 403whp on them pepboys dyno day. After about 50 pulls and daily driving I was having issues with the head gasket pushing out on cylinder#3.
That was probably because of my tuning abilities and out dated ems which is the wolf ems.

I currently refreshing this setup with, h beam rods, na pistons milled 1mm, ARP head bolts, cometic MLS head gasket, o ringed block, knife edge crack, equal length turbo manifold, s262 efr, d plenum intake manifold.
I didn't mean to claim 600hp just got excited and I did, that's a lie. My engine isn't even together yet.
Transmission is th350, started slipping, my aw71 didn't ever slip it would just brake.

Too bad there is no such thing as an "s262 efr."

Also, you might want to bring in somebody who knows what they are doing if you are talking about how you ran 25* timing on pump gas...
RvolvoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #68
Mogly
280WHP Regina

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvolvoR View Post
Too bad there is no such thing as an "s262 efr."
Also, you might want to bring in somebody who knows what they are doing if you are talking about how you ran 25* timing on pump gas...
Fixed that typo on turbos, thought I fixed that in the first edit.
Maybe you are correct on the timing, yes that's on pump gas. I've had it up to 38° on e100. But lower boost @15psi. But thats what happens. I'm just learning as i go. We all start somewhere, if I don't hit the 600hp mark I will be close.
Mogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #69
RvolvoR
Master Troublestarter

Quote:
Maybe you are correct on the timing, yes that's on pump gas. I've had it up to 38° on e100. But lower boost @15psi. But thats what happens. I'm just learning as i go. We all start somewhere, if I don't hit the 600hp mark I will be close.
Do yourself a favor and make sure your base timing is set correctly...also do some research into a term called "mean best timing."

Furthermore, a 6258 isn't going to get you anywhere near 600whp...let alone 600 crank. Those turbos don't like being put into compressor overspeed and can/will blow up if you try to push it beyond what it is made to do. Take a look at t8fanning's build thread using EFRs....you will see he had to switch to a 7670 to get it to actually make 30 psi. That is also with a 1.01 housing iirc.

Anyways, make a thread for your attempt at 600hp...this can be discussed more there.
RvolvoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #70
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Halsey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
Again this is all relative for cost, but I expect most swaps are in the 3-6k range. Probably+ if you are big turbo, built trans, and dual fuel pumps... +Ford 8.8 rear eventually.

The engines are cheap... It is all the other junk that adds up.
I didn't budget build mine, but I didn't go HAM either. I think after the dust settled, I was sitting around 8k. Could've done it cheaper, could've easily spent more on it. The $1500 converter and $1500 cbb 7875 didn't help keep things sane either. I also: upgraded intercooler cores, got a cam spec'd for turbo use from the man himself, john bewley, and did a bunch of probably unnecessary maintenance items... new oil pump(not an h.o.), chain, ls2 'tensioner', crank gear(I think), arp crank bolt, arp head bolts, front and rear main seals, all that boring ass **** that adds up.

Quote:

I currently refreshing this setup with, h beam rods, na pistons milled 1mm, ARP head bolts, cometic MLS head gasket, o ringed block, knife edge crack, equal length turbo manifold, s262 or 6258 efr, d plenum intake manifold.
So like I said before while you were flapping your cock holster... When you catch up to where we've been, you can then opine on where we went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB242 View Post
Didn't Nathan split his redblock at 568whp? He went 2JZ after that. You may be limited by metallurgy and physics.
negative. he punched his out and had a thin wall on one hole, and ended up having to get it sleeved. I bored mine to 96.5, and then beat upon it mercilessly and flung it through a field at 100+mph, it finally cracked a cylinder 6 years after taking flight and being subjected to untold numbers of crimes against humanity. Also, AW71's don't "just break" at the 300hp mark, I've had a couple of them put down multiple 500+whp pulls.

Quote:
start by reading and understanding what you're trying to do and how to get there, not by arbitrarily advancing ignition timing and seeing what happens. and I dunno, maybe see what other folks have done. crazy thought there, I know.

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:00 AM   #71
Wilford Brimley
LOCAL ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedomtoFreedom View Post
I've got a real issue with you Wilford
Wilford Brimley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #72
Andrewhans
Turbo LS ****poster

Damn this thread got good lmao.

Congrats on the power man. Love your build and love when that ****ty green Volvo shows up on the sloppy youtube channel.

60' 1.66
1/8 6.53 @ 113.3mph
1/4 9.99 @ 140.4mph
21psi 14.5deg timing E85
3140lb no driver
3320lb with driver
Andrewhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #73
dl242gt
Can play the blues

Andrewhans. You can use the formula on the home page here to calculate your hp to a reasonable educated guesstimate. http://www.turbobricks.com/resources...uartermiledyno

Have fun! I got 634.7hp for your car.
dl242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:46 AM   #74
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl242gt View Post
Andrewhans. You can use the formula on the home page here to calculate your hp to a reasonable educated guesstimate. http://www.turbobricks.com/resources...uartermiledyno

Have fun! I got 634.7hp for your car.
that's probably not too far off. wish I coulda stuck a run with mine at the 750whp mark, instead of breaking.. whatever broke (probably trans)
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:57 PM   #75
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvolvoR View Post
Do yourself a favor and make sure your base timing is set correctly...also do some research into a term called "mean best timing."

Furthermore, a 6258 isn't going to get you anywhere near 600whp...let alone 600 crank. Those turbos don't like being put into compressor overspeed and can/will blow up if you try to push it beyond what it is made to do. Take a look at t8fanning's build thread using EFRs....you will see he had to switch to a 7670 to get it to actually make 30 psi. That is also with a 1.01 housing iirc.

Anyways, make a thread for your attempt at 600hp...this can be discussed more there.
Definitely agree on the timing comments.

Tate is also living at high elevations. his old setup would have been much faster and probably adequate at sea level.
blkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote