• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 Windshield in a 740?

moustacio

Morning folks,

Another hail storm did in the front windshield of my 88' 745. The only car in the yard is a 97' 960 sedan. I've read somewhat conflicting information on if the 960 windshield will properly fit in a 740. I don't mind if the trim is different as the trim on my car got damaged and removed from the storm anyway. Will the windshield from the 960 fit correctly? And if the windshield from a 960 won't work, any 940 or 740 windshield should fit yes?

Thanks for any help
Quite bummed out as the only redeeming quality of my car was the great body and paint. Not the case anymore.

Just have a new windshield installed at a glass shop. You SHOULD be able to have that done in the $200-$220 range. No, a 760/940SE/960/S/V90 windshield will not work. They are almost 2" longer top edge to bottom edge due to the different cowl design. A windshield from a standard 940 model is the same as your 740 windshield.

Back