• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Halo brakes on a 240

cmunkee

holy crap:omg: Started doing some work on my '76 245 that I got a couple days ago. the rear pinion seal was shot and it had the little 1030 rear so I was about to swap a 1031 with a G80 and 3:55 gear set in. All new poly and fresh brakes. Glad I did. This is what I found when I took the wheel off. It's funny that it didn't make any noise on the way home.
Notice the rotor is completely separated from the hat and about 2mm thick.

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

I think this rotor will have to hang in my garage. It's too good.

I've seen vented rotors where the whole outer rotor face was worn until it was gone, and the steel backing plate on the pad was then wearing into the "vent partitions" themselves. Outer rotor face completely MIA

I've seen vented rotors where the whole outer rotor face was worn until it was gone, and the steel backing plate on the pad was then wearing into the "vent partitions" themselves. Outer rotor face completely MIA

And the Lady asks... Why does it make a funny noise when i mash the brake pedal?

Back