• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No AC powersteering 240 bracket!

sbabbs

300+ Member
300+ Club
Figured this out. Took b230 740 alternator bracket and put 740 power steering pump on it and put that in 240 after taking out AC BS and it works! So you need 740 power steering pump metal brackets that bolt to the back of the power steering pump and the 740 alternator bracket. I had it all so it was a TB-free-bee!

powersteering240.jpg

It is always a good feeling when you rig something up using parts you had around. Other than that, is there any advantage to this over just using 240 parts?

You mean like finding a rare b230 240 no AC power steering bracket? Or buying one from STS machine for 150?

Yeah it was free, but I did have to buy that belt and that is the belt size in the pic from napa.

I think IPD sells an adapter thing you move your power steering pump pulley out more so then it works with stock 240 with AC power steering bracket.

This is just one more cheaper option if you have the parts lying around plus see below.

I am crooked cheapo T-bricker.

Other thing is I don't keep junker 240 parts around, mostly have good 740 parts. But peoples keep giving me junker 240's for free.. Sick of em.

Last edited:
:lol: I like that! It is a good option and it's good to have options. We are gonna have to load up a truck and send some cars here to me. Good repairable low rust cars. I have lots of metal work to do on all the cars in front of my house now. lol.

Looks like I might have to change my ps pump. How is it working for you so far? I'm thinking of doing this and getting rid of my useless AC.

Back